2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-19 01:24:32 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Rackham begins each Yin Yoga-style workout with the Dharma Yoga Wheel, which was invented by international teacher Yogi Varuna, along with another teacher,NFL Jerseys 2018, Raquel Vamos.
Other players practicing yoga regularly include All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh,Jerseys NFL China, now with the Dolphins; Titans linebacker Brian Orakpo; Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart; and Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph.
"We do some flow sequences, some yoga poses. Depends on how a guy feels that day, depends on how practices have gone."

The DYW, which costs around $100, was designed to improve back flexibility; make back bends easier; align the spine; relax muscles; stretch the quads; improve balance; and deepen breath — whether for novices or advanced yoga practitioners.
Woodyard calls the wheel "my new best friend,NFL Jerseys China."
NEW YORK (AP) — Titans veteran Wesley Woodyard believes every linebacker could benefit from some yoga.
"When you play linebacker and your job is to do nothing but tackle, you tend to have a few misaligned bones in your back and rib area. Which can cause back pain," the eight-year veteran says. "The DYW allows me to open up my back and heart area."
Rackham also emphasizes the mental aspect of yoga for her clients — and its ability to heal emotionally and psychologically.
"Traditional class starts with breathing and warmup," she says. "But I let them roll out the wheel; they usually are coming off a hard practice,Wholesale Jerseys, so it will relax the body, help them feel mellow and calm. Then we go into breathing; I stress breathing with the guys,Nike NFL Jerseys China, it helps them on the field and to remain calm in a stressful situation.
"I tell everybody: These guys' lives are completely different from our lives, we don't know what it is like to live their lives day by day. They walk in to our sessions with the stress of it; I can see it on their faces at any session, the tiredness.
Hamstring problems have plagued dozens of players throughout the league during the preseason and Adams notes that the stretching is particularly helpful for his hamstrings and hips. His workout regimen includes night sessions three times a week with the wheel, rolling it on his back and legs.
Woodyard is one of several players who are using yoga to help them physically and mentally prepare for and deal with the violent collisions of pro football.
Rackham, who owns Brazil Yoga, has 13 NFL players among the 17 athletes she trains privately. Defensive back Adam Jones of the Bengals was her first NFL client — she had no intention of working with athletes at the outset. Jones began recommending her to other athletes, and within six months she had more business than the time to work with the clients.
"But by the time they breathe and do a little bit of yoga, there is something that disappears, and a calm that comes off of them. The mental wellness of yoga is by far the biggest part for an athlete. It gives a Zen calmness their sport doesn't teach them."
Asked how the wheel most particularly aids him,wholesale jerseys, Adams responds: "It specifically helped with the arch in my back and when rolling out on the wheel."
Other students include Adams' Indianapolis teammate, linebacker D'Qwell Jackson. Rackham often travels to her client's city and spends three to four days there conducting private yoga sessions.
That doesn't quite seem to jibe considering one of the tenets of the game is to be ultra-aggressive, never backing down.
"I wasn't familiar with the DYW until my yoga teacher, Carmella Rackham, introduced me to it," Adams says. "DYW is effective because of the different stretch methods that could be utilized during yoga, and (for) balances when just using the wheel."
Yet yoga, including recently frequent use of the Dharma Yoga Wheel (DYW), has made impressive inroads in the NFL.
"Yoga has played a big part in my life and career, because it works my mind and body," says Colts safety Mike Adams, who at 34 heads into his 12th pro season. "I would definitely recommend and already have done so to the younger guys on my team."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 16:33 , Processed in 0.074163 second(s), 26 queries .