10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-21 17:27:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– court orders GGMC to return seized equipmentA court has ordered Presidential Advisor, Odinga Lumumba, the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) and Shoreham Resources Inc. to return several pieces of mining equipment seized last year from a miner operating in the Cuyuni River.Justice Rishi Persaud also granted an injunction, on Tuesday, barring GGMC, Shoreham Resources and Lumumba, or their representatives, from entering or occupying the mining claims held by Ignatius Timmerman, the plaintiff.According to court documents, Timmerman of 7th Avenue, Bartica, operates onmining claims known as Evette, Evette 1,China Cheap Jerseys, Evette 2, Evette 3 and Evette 4, located on the bank of Mariwa Creek, Cuyuni River, Region 7.The equipment was said to have been unlawfully seized on March 17 by GGMC, with the court matter coming up again on April 13.In his claims, Timmerman is asking for the court to overturn the cease work order issued by GGMC on August 30, since it was arbitrary and unreasonable, among other things. For this, he wanted damages in excess of $1M and another $1M against Lumumba and Shoreham for continued trespassing of the mining claims.Also …”an injunction restraining the Second (Shoreham) and Third Named Defendants (Lumumba) by themselves, their servants and/or agents from entering upon, remaining, occupying or in any manner whatsoever or howsoever interfering with the Plaintiff’s quiet and peaceful occupation of certain mining claims known as Evette, Evette 1, Evette 2, Evette 3 and Evette 4, situate on the bank of Mariwa Creek, Cuyuni River, Region 7.”Timmerman also wanted a mandatory injunction compelling GGMC to return the seized mining equipment.The matter was filed by Attorney-at-law, Anil Nandlall.In his Ex-Parte Application for the injunction, Timmerman explained that he has been occupying the claims since 1991 spending over $40M in constructing roads, bridges and buildings.“Additionally, I have planted dozens of fruit trees, plantain and banana suckers, a large vegetable garden and a pineapple farm on the said claims.”During July 2010, GGMC officials visited the claims and informed Timmerman that they were investigating claims that he was encroaching on certain claims held by Lumumba.But “after examining my documents and the boundary lines and claim boards which I pointed out to them, they left,Jerseys From China, apparently satisfied that I was not encroaching on Mr. Lumumba’s claim.”Timmerman claimed that he later learnt that Lumumba had written GGMC“Alleging that I am carrying on illegal mining operations on an area for which he holds a Prospecting Licence and in the said letter, he requests the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission to stop my operations within seventy-two (72) hours.”The miner disclosed that on August 17, he met with Lumumba, who said that he believed that the Prospecting Licence, which he holds for claims located in close proximity,NFL Jerseys Clearance, passes through one of the claims.“On the 27th August, 2010, in my absence and without my permission,Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap, a group of men who are unknown to me, entered upon my said claims and attempted to cut lines through my said claims, but my workers prevented them from so doing.On the 29th August, 2010, two (2) officers of the Guyana Geology and Mines Commission visited my said claims and issued to my workers an oral order to cease work.”The miner said he is prohibited from working the claims and at no time was afforded a hearing by the GGMC.“Indeed, to date,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, I am unaware of the reason why the said Cease Work Order has been issued and in the circumstances, I am advised by Mr. Mohabir Anil Nandlall, Attorney-at-Law, and do verily believe that the same is arbitrary,Cheap Jerseys Authentic, capricious, unreasonable, contrary to the rules of natural justice, and in breach of my legitimate expectation to work the said claims.”Claiming that he is facing financial ruination because of the closure, Timmerman said that 15 families are now out of work.However, the miner said in the court documents, Shoreham and Lumumba have since begun drilling on various parts of his claims and ignored several requests to cease.“Notwithstanding the several Orders of Court granted against them, servants and/or agents of the First Named Respondent/Defendant continue to harass and intimidate my workers and interfere with my ability to work my said claims.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 10:40 , Processed in 0.056187 second(s), 28 queries .