10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-21 19:18:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– accuse Govt. of reneging on “better life” promiseWorkers flocked the thoroughfare outside the Guyana Sugar Corporation (GuySuCo)’s Wales Estate yesterday morning to protest an imminent closure of the Region Three facility.Some of the Wales Estate workers protesting yesterday.The cry echoed by the protesting workers was that closure of the estate will mean that the coalition government – A Partnership for National Unity and the Alliance for Change – has reneged on a promise for “a better life for all Guyanese”.This was emphasised by Mr. Gordon Thomas who claimed that he has worked at the West Bank Demerara estate for the past 24 years.“If the Government had our interest at heart they wouldn’t close our factory. How can we have a good life when we will be out of our jobs?”According to Thomas, he and his colleagues were privy to an official announcement of the plans for the closure last Wednesday.“They told us that the estate will be closed this year by time October 1, and we are dissatisfied with this. They are saying that this estate is costing them the most, but they have to look at Skeldon which cost billions; Wales is not the high cost Estate,” a passionate Thomas stated.He is convinced that the government has based its decision to close the estate on misinformation being shared by certain members of the board of the Estate.“When you check the efficiency, Wales was third on the list…eople are lying about this estate; they are lying to the Government. The Government is completely being misled.”“Where are we going to go and find a good job after so many years of work? This is like a dead end for we,Cheap NBA Jerseys China,” Thomas lamented.And he disclosed that the workers will continue to engage protest action until moves are made to reverse the decision.“We don’t care what it cost; we will continue to protest…eople from the factory,Soccer Jerseys China, people from the fields, the office, everybody protesting. We will stand up with our last breath. We know this estate has potential,” Thomas said.He said the protest is one that is intended to impress upon the decision makers that while the Wales estate is old, it has been performing.Regarding the developing situation as critical, Randy Rampersaud,Cheap NFL Jerseys, who has been working at the estate for the past 14 years, said that young people are likely to be the most affected.“We have young children going to school. I am a young man with a wife and a child and I am worried about employment. Where am I going to go and get employment now and get some benefits? It wouldn’t be the same,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, even if I went to another estate,” Rampersaud said.According to him, he is aware that there are plans to “retain a handful of workers and the rest will have to be on the breadline…and this estate has over 1,000 workers I average, so you can imagine what will happen.”“Wales Estate has been the livelihood for so many of us over the years, I don’t think it would be wise to close it down,Cheap Jerseys,” said Regina McDonald, who insisted that such a move would be devastating. She has been working at the estate for over 14 years. Her sentiments were mirrored by Nadira George,Wholesale NBA Jerseys Authentic, a mother of five.“Do they want us to thief? I have mouths to feed and they can’t do that to us.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 19:08 , Processed in 0.075781 second(s), 26 queries .