帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-22 06:34:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Matthews had what looked like a flexible black wrap protecting his right hand. There were no limitations with the linebacker, other than "just being smart," McCarthy said.
It didn't take long for the rest of his teammates to find out.
Soon enough, Nelson told fellow receivers and the quarterbacks. Coach Mike McCarthy found out in the middle of practice. Right about the time that Nelson was making a pretty touchdown catch on a long corner pass from Aaron Rodgers, word filtered out on social media.
It will likely be memorable one as well for Nelson because of the extension. Lauded for his leadership qualities, Nelson seems content to finish his career in Green Bay.

The thumb "feels pretty strong and will continue to get stronger with the reps I take on the football field," Matthews said. "This offseason was definitely an uphill battle coming off an injury, but I think that just makes this year that much more special to me."
Now the Packers must also decide how to proceed with receiver Randall Cobb, a 2011 second-round pick going into the final year of his rookie deal.
Nelson realizes this is a business,Jerseys From China. He also said he never considered holding out.
The signing secures the team's top player at a position that had several high-profile departures in recent years. Reliable veteran James Jones left for Oakland in free agency in the offseason. After the 2012 season, Donald Driver retired and Greg Jennings departed as a free agent for division rival Minnesota.
"He said he re-signed and he was really happy," Rodgers said. "Now he can buy all the land in Kansas. I'm very happy."
Note: LBs Mike Neal (abdomen) and Nick Perry (foot/knee) were close to being ready for practice, McCarthy said. The linebackers, who should rotate with Matthews and Peppers as pass rushers, had similar injuries last year.
Rodgers thinks Nelson has top-notch instincts and reactions.
Nelson's extension overshadowed what likely would have been the top story line of Day 1 with the return of pass-rushing linebacker Clay Matthews. He watched during offseason workouts while recovering from a second surgery in the offseason to repair a broken right thumb.
The recovery process appeared to be a little frustrating for the long-haired linebacker.
"Well, every coach wants his core guys, no doubt about it," McCarthy said. "Like I said before, if I was in charge of the player checkbook, we would have been way over the budget a long time ago."
Practice Saturday had the Packers lining up Matthews and defensive end-linebacker Julius Peppers — the team's big free-agent acquisition — on the field at the same time,cheap jerseys. It's the ideal pass-rushing scenario for the team going into 2014,Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic.
"I don't like the word 'worth,'" Nelson said, interrupting a reporter who used it in a question. "I don't like the word 'worth' because to be honest with you, I don't think any of us are worth this money. But it's your value and the business we're a part of."
The Packers didn't divulge terms when announcing the signing after the end of practice, and NFL.com reported it was a four-year, $39 million deal with an $11.5 million signing bonus.
Green Bay's leading receiver now has a deal commensurate with his production after signing a contract extension just before taking the field Saturday morning.
"So it's fun to see Jordy re-sign for four more. I told him that that's five (years) for him and I've got six left,Cheap NFL Jerseys, so we're going to have to do one more after that and stick around a little bit longer," Rodgers said.
"So I was like the last one in the locker room and waiting on the paperwork to come down to get it done. That way,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, I had some security when I went out to practice,China Jerseys," Nelson said. "That was a little bit different, and knowing no one knew (but) me the whole time I'm riding down there and on the field."
Nelson, a Kansas native who attended Kansas State, posted career-bests of 85 catches and 1,314 yards last season. The 2008 second-round pick has developed into one of the top receivers in the league with his ability to make sideline catches.
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Jordy Nelson had a secret on the way to the first practice of Packers training camp.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:36 , Processed in 0.065897 second(s), 26 queries .