2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-23 07:38:39 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
LATROBE, Pa. (AP) — Antonio Brown rolled up to the dorms at Saint Vincent College last week in a Mercedes conversion van.
It's what Brown does. Though he's not one to invite controversy, he is growing more comfortable with the idea that what he says carries weight.
Getting back in 2014 will depend in part on how quickly he can brink the kids along. And Brown knows it.
Ask Brown if he's OK with being in the spotlight and he flashes a grin. At this point, does he really have a choice?
It's a far cry from his days as a founding member of the "Young Money Family" — the nickname Brown, Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders gave themselves as the next generation to become quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's favorite targets behind veteran Hines Ward.
And no wide receiver in the franchise's eight decades of football had a better year than Brown did in 2013. Thrust to the top of the depth chart after Wallace took his sprinter's speed to Miami, Brown caught 110 passes,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, hauled in eight touchdowns and averaged 12.6 yards as a punt returner.
"Everyone's watching," Brown said. "Everyone's watching my attitude,Cheap Jerseys Supply, my demeanor my approach. Coach (Mike Tomlin) says I'm the guy to look to do things,Wholesale Hockey Jerseys 2018, so there's a lot of emphasis on how to handle things and how to go about a lot of things being the leader."
NOTES: Tight end Eric Waters left practice on Thursday with lower back tightness. Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey also left early, though Tomlin did not give a reason for Heyward-Bey's departure. ... Running back LeGarrette Blount and tight end Matt Spaeth were given the day off.
"I thought AB was dominant the first year he got here," Steelers cornerback William Gay said. "I was wondering why he was drafted so low. Money don't make a difference. Pro Bowls don't make a difference. He still feels like he's the underdog."
Four years ago, Brown was one of those players who arrived at his first NFL training camp confident but curious. Now the 26-year-old is the sage to rookie Martavis Bryant and second-year guys Markus Wheaton and Justin Brown.
Not Brown, who signed a lengthy $42 million extension two summers ago. At the moment, he looks as if he's one of the better bargains in the league a season after setting a club record with 1,499 yards receiving and becoming the first player in NFL history to have five receptions and at least 50 yards receiving in all 16 games.
Brown feels an equal sense of ownership as the longest-tenured player at his position. Sure, he had a career year last fall. It didn't stop the Steelers from missing the playoffs.
It's that attention to detail that has helped the 5-foot-10 Brown thrive at a position dominated by decidedly larger men.
When Sanders told a Denver radio station earlier this week that Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is a far better leader than Roethlisberger, Brown chastised his friend while also sticking up for the teammate who helped Sanders land a lucrative free agent deal with Denver in the first place.

Maybe that's because he is. You won't find Brown on the cover of a video game or hawking sports drinks. Not that he's complaining. If he feels disrespected, he keeps it to himself. No matter, the guys he works for are happy to take up the cause.
For all his success, however, Brown insists there is plenty to work on. He's not the most instinctive run blocker. Mann calls Brown's ability "adequate" but allows there is plenty of room for improvement in sealing off defensive backs.
"A lot of time your presence is good enough," Mann said. "We want him to be accountable and I think he's stepping up to the plate."
"I think the potential is nothing unless we unlock it," he said. "We have to unlock it."
"That was terrible,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping," Brown said. "You don't throw your quarterback under the bus, the guy who makes you who you are."
Heady territory for a former sixth-round pick turned two-time Pro Bowler who still prefers football pants over shorts during walkthroughs because it better simulates how he'll feel during a game.
"I think AB,NFL Jerseys Cheap, in my opinion is just as good as most of the receivers around the league,NFL Jerseys Outlet," wide receivers coach Richard Mann said. "He might not be as big as some of them but the production is there, the yards after catch are there. A lot of times beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
The trio eventually did get paid, but Wallace and Sanders had to leave Pittsburgh via free agency to cash in.
Handling kicks isn't in the job description of most No. 1 receivers. Yet it's a responsibility Brown will happily embrace if he's not supplanted by Wheaton or rookie running back/receiver Dri Archer.
It's fitting in a way. Five years into a blossoming career, the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver is playing the role of dad — OK, maybe slightly older brother — to a group long on talent but short on experience.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 22:53 , Processed in 0.071986 second(s), 26 queries .