2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-24 15:21:50 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
In the Patriots' eighth game, he caught a pass, flicked off safety Ryan Mundy like a pesky gnat at the Chicago 25, and scored his third touchdown of the day, a 46-yarder, in a 51-23 rout.
"I'm not always going to outrun everyone," he said, "Drew just says go up and get the rebound."
Gronkowski has some highlight-reel plays in this year's batch.
"If I'm not running the route how I was coached and not going full speed, I feel like I can be covered by anyone," he said.
They're athletic and line up all over the offense — next to the tackle,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, in the slot, split out or in the backfield. Their wide wingspans and large bodies shield defenders from the ball.
It's impossible to ignore Gronkowski's, but he claims he can be guarded.
"You've got to play a near-perfect game with him," Buffalo safety Da'Norris Searcy said. "You have to try to anticipate routes and be able to jump routes on him."
Delanie Walker (6-0, 248) has 38 receptions for Tennessee.
In none of the 13 seasons from 1994-2006 did tight ends catch more than a total of 2,000 passes, according to STATS. They've surpassed that number in each full season since.
The crackdown on illegal contact makes it easier to get open. And many play with outstanding quarterbacks who put the pass in the perfect spot: Gronkowski (6-6, 265 pounds) with Brady;  Jimmy Graham (6-7, 265) with Drew Brees in New Orleans; Julius Thomas (6-5, 250) with Peyton Manning in Denver.
The super-sized tight end swats away would-be tacklers.
"When you see the ball," the sure-handed Gronkowski said simply, "you want to go for it."

What's a poor defender to do?
After going undrafted in 2012 and making three catches as a rookie, Donnell has 44 this season.
Their 1,500 catches this year are more than the totals in all of 1994 (1,412) and 1996 (1,458),Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale, and they're on pace for the fourth straight full season of more than 2,300.
It's not easy.
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Rob Gronkowski makes a twisting, leaping, one-handed catch.
Top tight ends are heavier than defensive backs, often faster than linebackers, and taller than both. The eight tight ends with the most catches this season are all at least 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds. Just five years ago, only two of the top eight had that height-weight combination.
Gronkowski is the most powerful example of that. But not the only one,Cheap Jerseys From China.
"It's a constant struggle," Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio said.
"Going up for those passes is like going up for an alley-oop and dunking," New York Giants tight end and former high school basketball standout Larry Donnell (6-6, 265) said with a laugh. "I use that now to catch passes from Eli (Manning)."
But if Gronkowski gets to the right spot, the defender "can't do anything about it," Brady said. "I think they know that, too. So then they panic and then when they panic,jerseys cheap nfl, it's even more of an advantage to the offense."
The next week,Cheap Jerseys From China, Gronkowski jumped and swiveled his body to reach for a pass thrown behind him. He hauled it in with his left hand while surrounded by defenders for a 20-yard gain to the Denver 1. He caught a touchdown pass on the next play of the Patriots' 43-21 victory.
In last Sunday night's 42-20 rout of Indianapolis, he caught the ball at the Colts 20, was hit by four defenders, outran a fifth, then flattened cornerback Vontae Davis while leaping into the end zone for a 26-yard score.
It's a quandary NFL teams face against Gronkowski and many others in this era of big receiving tight ends.
Graham leads all tight ends with 59 receptions. Gronkowski is tied for third with 53. Thomas is tied for the NFL lead with 12 touchdown catches. They often are double-teamed,Wholesale Jerseys China, making it easier for wide receivers to get free.
"Every offense in the league wants a guy like that," said Tony Gonzalez, who helped usher in the trend during a brilliant 17-year career that ended after last season. "It is unguardable."
"It's a big challenge," Tennessee safety George Wilson said, "week in and week out."
Skills he used in college basketball — boxing out opponents, soaring for dunks — translate to his position. Thomas, Antonio Gates of San Diego and Jordan Cameron of Cleveland also played college hoops. Gonzalez was a trailblazer from the hardwood to the turf.
Some shorter tight ends also are productive receivers.
"He's just a beast," Mundy said. "His size is just his best asset."
He celebrates touchdowns with a powerful spike that, somehow, doesn't knock the air out of the ball.
"It's all about angles," said Gates (6-4, 255), "being able to reach the ball at its highest point. That's what I brought to the table from playing basketball."
"I never categorized him by size," said Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt, a former NFL tight end.
Graham did that at the end of regulation of a 27-24 overtime loss to San Francisco on Nov. 9. Brees passed from the 50. Graham jumped over defenders and caught it in the end zone, but was penalized for pass interference.
"Imagine trying to cover that," said Tom Brady, whose defensive teammates with the Patriots only have to do it in practice.
"It's the No. 1 mismatch in the NFL," Gonzalez said. "Even when you're guarded, you're not guarded."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 17:05 , Processed in 0.069534 second(s), 26 queries .