4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-24 17:37:17 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
-considers Ramotar honorableOutspoken critic of the ruling People’s Progressive Party /Civic (PPP/C) Joey Jagan, yesterday announced his support for the Presidential Candidate, Donald Ramotar, saying that he has returned home to his father’s party.Jagan, a dentist and son of Dr. Cheddi Jagan who co-founded the PPP back in the 1950s, had over recent years lashed out at the administration, especially on the CNS 6 channel, on a number of issues.During a press conference at Freedom House, PPP’s headquarters on Robb Street, yesterday, Jagan flanked by the party’s Executive Member, Robert Persaud, said that his decision was spurred by the fact that the opposition parties are in disarray.Also there at the press conference was Jagan’s son, Cheddi Jagan III.“I am here to announce to the Guyanese public after being in the opposition ranks for a while and observing the opposition at play, (that) I have decided to strongly consider Mr.(Donald) Ramotar and the PPP …to help them out and work with them. And, I am strongly considering an endorsement. That is what I am here to tell the public.”According to Jagan, he is unhappy with the disunity in the opposition…“the disorganization in finding unity.”“In a lot of ways, I am probably going home. Mr. Ramotar to me presents a new effort on the PPP’s behalf. I think Mr. Ramotar is a man of honour and is not a corrupt man, and I think he means to bring change to this country and change is what we need. I fought for change over and over and if Mr. Ramotar can bring change with the resources he has in his hand with a victory, then maybe that will help the country.”According to Jagan, another factor that pushed him to strongly consider supporting a party his father helped mold, was the fact that his son, Cheddi Jagan joined the PPP a while ago.“…and that has influenced me…it is my father’s party and his legacy is what I am concerned about. I feel it’s a new beginning here now, hopefully and maybe Mr. Ramotar can take us to real changes in this country.”Questioned about what he is expecting from the party,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, Jagan said, “I am not looking for anything… I am concerned with the welfare of the Guyanese people and that my father’s work continues. I have pushed that repeatedly. My father had a vision for this country… for the working people of this country and I feel that if I find the need to fully endorse Mr. Ramotar then that’s what I will do. As I said before I am strongly tending to support Mr. Ramotar.”Recently, supporter of the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR) and union official, Gillian Burton, also went across to the PPP/C camp, announcing her support and intentions to work the campaign trail.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 12:24 , Processed in 0.069349 second(s), 26 queries .