2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-24 21:06:09 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Jones, who has one of the youngest teams in all of college football, hopes the book's themes help Tennessee end a string of four straight losing seasons. It already is making an impact in one respect.
"That's one of our core components that we believe, that you can't do anything well in life unless there's a lot of energy that comes with it," Petersen said.
"Believe me, I don't want to take credit for any of it," Gordon said. "I don't think it's me. I don't think it's the book. It's the coach that reinforces the vision and reinforces the message. And then if a team says, 'OK,Cheap Atlanta Braves Jerseys, we're not going to allow negativity to sabotage our team,' that's when they have success."
Richt used it in 2011 when Georgia rebounded from an 0-2 start to reach the Southeastern Conference championship game. The book eventually made its way around the coaching grapevine.
"I'm not Mr. Sunshine and Pollyanna guy," Gordon said. "I hate when people write about positive thinking and put it in that framework. The kind we're talking about is not that kind. It's the kind that deals with a team that's overcoming adversity and negativity and challenges with mental toughness."
Jones himself went with "focus" because "I have to focus on the process of making this football team better every day."
Periodically at team meetings, Jones also asks players to say "what's the word on the front of their bus" that they've made their personal mission. They've chosen such words as "consistent," ''grit" and "desire."
Tennessee has incorporated the book in a variety of ways. Jones carries a microphone with him at practice and occasionally calls out players by name and warns them against being "energy vampires."
The book's popularity among sports teams has surprised its author, Jon Gordon, a former Cornell lacrosse player who said he didn't have sports in mind when he wrote it. He figured businesses would be his target audience. Now he's regularly speaking to teams and exchanging text messages with coaches and players in various sports.
Plenty of coaches agree.
"It's definitely motivation," Tennessee center Mack Crowder said. "You never want to be called out over the intercom."
The reference actually comes from "The Energy Bus: Ten Rules To Fuel Your Life, Work And Team With Positive Energy," a self-help book more and more teams are studying along with their playbooks. The book offers lessons on staying positive and avoiding "energy vampires" who will "suck the life out of you and your goals and vision if you let them."
Pity the guy who's labeled an "energy vampire."
Petersen had his seniors read the book, believing it resonated with young adults trying to figure out life.
Gordon said the book works best for coaches who already are preaching the power of positive thinking,Jerseys NFL Wholesale.
"Sometimes someone will even come up to me and say,Jerseys NFL Cheap, 'Coach, you're too quiet. That vampire doesn't have you, do they?'" Jones said. "It's kind of just been a rallying cry. It's a catch phrase that makes its point."
Tennessee's Butch Jones and Washington's Chris Petersen each had players read the book during the offseason. Jones also had the book's author speak to the team this summer. Jones and Petersen joined a fraternity that also includes Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith, Georgia coach Mark Richt and Clemson coach Dabo Swinney among others. Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst gave a copy of the book to the school's entire athletic staff.
"I never imagined the book would be used by all these teams like it is," Gordon said.
The book,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Outlet, which came out in 2007 and was written in 3 1/2 weeks, is a fable about a man struggling in his job and marriage whose car gets a flat tire, forcing him to take a bus to work. The bus driver's positive attitude helps him turn his life around. It has sold close to a million copies worldwide, according to Shannon Vargo, associate publisher for Wiley, which published the book.
"You don't want the negativity," Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins said. "That's one thing that no team needs or no one needs in their life. I think if you read the book, it will help you out."
Swinney had Gordon talk to his Clemson teams each of the last three years and has used "The Energy Bus" as well as "Training Camp," a Gordon book that came out in 2009. Watkins read the book while at Clemson and is a big fan.
Gordon believes the book's popularity among coaches started with Smith, who was a defensive coordinator on Jack Del Rio's Jacksonville Jaguars staff in 2007, when the team read the book and made its last playoff appearance. Gordon spoke to the Jaguars that season, and he now talks to Smith's Falcons teams every year.

"That book really helped me, especially during training camp because it got a little hard but perception is everything," Tennessee defensive end Corey Vereen said. "I might be out there hurting, but if you look at it a certain way, you see how blessed you are, how some people aren't playing the game right now."
"It's really about the mental and the physical standpoint of life and keeping yourself calm when going through hard times, good times, no matter what," Watkins said. "You just always want to seek positive energy not only (for) yourself but whomever you're around. Because if you're positive,Atlanta Hawks Jerseys, everybody else is positive."
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — On some practice fields across the country,Cheap NFL jerseys China, one of the worst things a football player can be called sounds like something out of a young-adult novel or a television show on The CW.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 14:52 , Processed in 0.073339 second(s), 28 queries .