2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-25 21:37:36 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
CLEVELAND (AP) — For once, Ryan Mallett walked off an NFL field without thinking about what he could have done to help, how he would have done things differently.
"It just kind of knocked the wind out of me," Hoyer said. "It's just part of the game and you've got to move on and just be tough."
So is Mallett, who learned the pro game under both Brady and O'Brien in New England before coach and QB were reunited this year in Houston.
Mallett capped an 89-yard scoring drive — highlighted by a 41-yard pass to DeAndre Hopkins — by lofting a fade pass to Watt for Houston's first TD. The multi-talented Watt showed his athleticism by hauling in Mallett's throw and staying in bounds for his fourth TD this season.
OFF TARGET: Hoyer had a rough day, going just 20 of 50 for a career-high 330 yards. Hoyer was pressured all day by Houston's relentless front. He took a big hit in the fourth quarter from Brian Cushing, a chest shot that Hoyer almost didn't get up from and one that had rookie Johnny Manziel scrambling for his helmet.
This victory belonged to him.
"The last time I was around him was when he was a rookie," O'Brien said. "He grew up playing football since he was a little kid. He understands football and he understands the system."
"It's a disappointment," said Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer. "We just realize we're not there yet. We've got to be better."
Mallett made the most of his first career start, throwing two touchdown passes — his first to defensive star-turned-wide receiver J.J. Watt — and led the Houston Texans to a 23-7 win on Sunday over the Cleveland Browns, whose reign alone atop the AFC North lasted all of one week.
"It was really like playing in the backyard," said the sixth-round pick from LSU.
He did it on a gray,Wholesale Jerseys, 33-degree day, but Blue said it felt like he was back home in Louisiana.
"We tackled well,Cheap Jerseys," O'Brien said.
This was all new to Mallett,Cheap Jerseys Store, and he savored the moment.
CLAMP DOWN: After rushing for 170 yards in their previous game at Cincinnati, the Browns couldn't find many holes against Houston's defense. The Texans, who allowed Philadelphia 190 yards two weeks ago, limited the Browns to 58 yards on 24 carries and dropped former teammate Ben Tate to a pair of losses on his two carries.
Mallett, handed the starting job during the bye week, completed 20 of 30 passes for 211 yards and led the Texans (5-5) back to .500 just as their season seemed to be slipping away.
Mallett went into his first start without running back Arian Foster, who sat out with a groin injury. But Mallett wasn't fazed and showed control and composure whether he was motivating his teammates, lining up Houston's offense quickly to keep Cleveland's defense off balance or rifling passes around the field.
The Browns may not be ready to contend, and here are five other things learned in Houston's convincing win:
DANSBY INJURED: Browns linebacker Karlos Dansby suffered a knee injury in the second quarter and didn't return. Dansby will undergo an MRI on Monday, and the Browns are keeping their fingers crossed. Dansby has been a positive influence on and off the field during his first season with Cleveland.
"We've been practicing that for a while," O'Brien said. "We put him out there — he's 6-7, 290 pounds — and it doesn't matter who they put out there."
"I never would have thought my first career touchdown pass would be to a defensive lineman," Mallett said with a laugh. "But he's a pretty good player."
"It made the four years,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, the wait worth it," Mallett said. "I couldn't ask for a better start to my career."

"I'm sure there are some plays that he wishes he could have back,NFL Jerseys From China, but overall he did what we asked him to do," said Texans first-year coach Bill O'Brien, who benched Ryan Fitzpatrick to give Mallett his shot. "It's only one game and I'm sure there are some mistakes that we have to correct, but it's a good start for him."
Watt is the first defensive lineman to have four TDs in a season since 1948.
There were some shaky moments, including two underthrown passes that could have been TDs, but Mallett delivered the spark the Texans needed. Those years as Tom Brady's backup paid off, and the big-armed Mallett,NFL Jerseys Outlet, who always looked the part but wasn't able to show what he could do, came through.
WATT NOW?: Brought in to supposedly block near the goal line, Watt shifted outside and then caught Mallett's fade over rookie linebacker Chris Kirksey — who had good coverage — in the end zone, putting the Texans ahead 7-0.
BLUE DART: Texans rookie RB Alfred Blue was more than adequate filling in for Foster. Blue rushed for 156 yards on 36 carries, tying a franchise record.
The Texans outplayed the Browns (6-4) across the board, pushing Cleveland out of first in its division and slowing down of the league's surprise teams.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 18:02 , Processed in 0.090891 second(s), 36 queries .