2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-26 05:56:30 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The tests included SCAT3, the Sports Concussion Assessment Tool used by most professional sports leagues; ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing), which uses a series of computerized evaluation measures; and the ICE Exam, which is the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's initial concussion evaluation test.
But Tuesday,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, he told ESPN Radio that he saw "light bulbs around my eyes" a few plays later, and that he avoided going through the NFL's concussion protocol.
Charles was diagnosed with a concussion early in last year's playoff loss to Indianapolis. He pleaded with the Chiefs to let him continue, but wound up missing most of the game.
Burkholder said the three-time Pro Bowler passed all of the tests.
KANSAS CITY,Wholesale Jerseys, Mo. (AP) — Jamaal Charles has passed a battery of tests and does not show symptoms of a concussion, the Chiefs said Wednesday — one day after the star running back told a radio show he saw "light bulbs" after a hit in Kansas City's win over San Diego.
In the past few years, concussions have become a major story line in the NFL. Numerous former players have filed lawsuits alleging the league failed to properly handle head injuries, and traumatic brain injuries have been linked to the suicides of several players. Among them is Jovan Belcher, a former teammate of Charles who killed his girlfriend and himself two years ago.
After the Chiefs learned of the radio interview, they called Charles into the team facility Tuesday night and began testing him, Burkholder said. The Chiefs also consulted with neurological experts at the University of Pittsburgh and had the team doctors examine Charles.
Burkholder said the Chiefs used baseline tests as well as the results from last year's concussion to compare with the new test results.
"It wasn't a concussion. If it was a concussion, I wouldn't remember the plays or remember none of my teammates' names or remember what sideline to go to," Charles said during the interview. "I definitely remember everything. It was just a huge hit."
Charles took a vicious blow from Brandon Flowers when he dove into the end zone in the Chiefs' 23-20 victory Sunday. Flowers received a concussion from the collision and missed the rest of the game,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, but Charles popped up and trotted off the field, where he was met by team trainers. He played the rest of the game.
"We're not classifying him having a concussion, but as with all of our players we'll monitor him as it goes,Cheap NFL Jerseys," head trainer Rick Burkholder said.
The Chiefs did not make Charles available to reporters Wednesday, and Chiefs coach Andy Reid refused to address the situation,Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys, though he did say he believes most players will tell the training staff if they suspect they have a concussion.
"When he got hit, I obviously checked with him," he said. "I know coach talked to him a bit there. I came back and consulted with the team physician; he was absolutely asymptomatic,Discount NFL Jerseys, wasn't complaining about anything. ... obviously, we check on those guys as they come off the field almost every series. I know coach spent time with him on the plane after the game."
"I don't think I had to go through the concussion protocols and all that," Charles said Tuesday. "I didn't want to go through that again because of what happened in the playoffs. I was definitely fine."
Burkholder also said Charles went through his normal weightlifting program Monday and still showed no signs of a concussion. He didn't think anything was amiss until he heard about the interview.
"These guys are pretty honest guys," Reid said. The team also said they would monitor Charles for a couple of days.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 14:53 , Processed in 0.070130 second(s), 26 queries .