2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-26 08:11:02 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
As a junior, he decided to join the football team as a walk-on. The following season,NFL Jerseys 2018, he led the Southwestern Athletic Conference with seven interceptions.
But that didn't prevent him from pursuing excellence, becoming one of the best cornerbacks in the league and earning a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The then-Phoenix Cardinals picked him in the third round.
"The one common thread that they all possessed is they elevated the play of everybody around them," McGinnis said. "They had a different presence."
But despite that, he either led or shared the NFL lead in interceptions three times and made six Pro Bowls. Williams never missed a game and started all but one. He had a streak of 157 consecutive starts.
And he never let the poor play around him affect his performance.
Quite the opposite.
He finally made it to the playoffs with the Cardinals in 1998,Jerseys NFL Cheap, then intercepted two passes as Arizona stunned the Cowboys in Dallas in the first round.

"I pulled him aside one day and told him 'Having you play corner reminds me of having Mike Singletary at linebacker,'" McGinnis said.
In his 10 seasons with Arizona, the Cardinals had one winning season.
That year, for just the second time in his career, Williams was in the playoffs.
He played football in high school, but didn't draw any interest from colleges. So he followed his older brother to Southern University.
"I didn't have to look outside my home for a hero," Williams said.
McGinnis, who was the defensive coordinator, then head coach, at Arizona, said every game plan would be developed around Williams.
Williams read it aloud, his voice cracking a bit with emotion.
"Everything he did, whether it was on or off the field, he did with a tremendous amount of honesty and dignity," said Dave McGinnis,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, who coached Williams in Arizona.
Williams still remembers, and often repeats,cheap nfl jerseys, what Southern defensive coordinator Percy Duhe told the New Orleans newspaper, that "Aeneas is a good player, but I don't think he'll ever go pro  because he runs a 4.6 (second) 40-yard dash."
Williams said he joined the track team that year and worked with a fellow football player to improve his speed.
Williams was moved to safety in the final years of his career, retiring in 2004, leaving a trail of admiration.
"I never wanted to just be a great player on the field,Brian Campbell Jersey," he said. "I wanted people to experience joy off the field as well."
Zygmunt started by saying he had been associated with many great players in his 27 years with the Rams.
"I really saw the makings of what the current (Cardinals) organization is experiencing now," Williams said.
Williams said he was overwhelmed by the congratulations he received from former teammates and others who had been part of his football life.
"You're at the top of that list with your incredible play," Williams read. "But your exemplary life as a man even surpasses your performance and accomplishments on the field."
PHOENIX (AP) — Aeneas Williams spent most of his NFL career on bad teams.
"I ran a 4.28 for scouts that spring," he said.
On draft day of 2001, the Cardinals traded him to the St. Louis Rams for draft picks.
But the Cardinals slipped back into their inept ways and, after a decade in the desert, Williams left to join a winner.
He carries with him a congratulatory note he got from Jay Zygmunt, former Rams president of football operations.
"Just refuse to become a loser even though we weren't winning a whole lot of games,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping," Williams said.
Williams had 55 interceptions, including eight seasons with at least four. He made the Hall of Fame in his third time as a finalist.
"I can say my time in Arizona was fulfilling, rewarding," he said. "I'd never trade it for the world."
Growing up in a strict but loving family in New Orleans, Williams said school was more important to his parents than athletics.
While the team lost year after year, Williams said he bears no animosity.
He started at left cornerback, helping transform a woeful Rams defense, and St. Louis reached the Super Bowl, where it lost to Tom Brady and the New England Patriots 20-17.
Williams and Singletary are two of six Hall of Famers McGinnis has coached.
Now a pastor in St. Louis, Williams will be introduced at the Hall of Fame induction by his father, Lawrence, whom he credits for molding him into the man he became.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 06:34 , Processed in 0.067642 second(s), 26 queries .