2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-27 06:43:50 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Despite bringing in Michael Vick in March, the plan all along has been to let Smith prove he can be the guy for the Jets. After a good summer, there's plenty to feel good about as far as Smith goes. He has improved his footwork and his attention to protecting the football,Cheap NFL Jerseys, spent endless hours in the film room and appears in control.
Raiders coached Dennis Allen has watched tape on Smith, and he sees a different quarterback than the one who threw for 219 yards with a touchdown and an interception, and also ran for a score in the Jets' 37-27 victory last December.
"This year, I'm a lot more comfortable with the guys around me," he said. "It's a result of working hard and the preparation we've been putting in, the hard work that we put in the classroom and we just have got to stick at it, stay with it.
"Last year doesn't matter," the second-year quarterback insisted Wednesday.
Especially for Smith, who is coming off an up-and-down rookie season in which he set team records with 3,046 yards passing,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, 247 completions, 443 pass attempts and a 55.8 completion percentage. He also threw just 12 touchdown passes and had an unsightly 21 interceptions, and was benched twice. But he was solid in the final month when he led the Jets to wins in three of their last four games.
"I think the quarterback's playing at a high level,World Baseball Classic Jerseys Outlet," Allen said. "He did throughout the preseason."
"I'm not focused on what happened last year,Cheap Jerseys," Smith said. "It's gone and it's far behind me. The only thing I can focus on is preparing our guys to go out there and fight hard. Today, we had a really good practice. We've got to build off of that tomorrow and so on until Sunday."
Outside the facility, the feeling might not be mutual, however. At least, not yet.
He wasn't mean or condescending. He's simply focused, exuding a businesslike approach to the first game of what could be a make-or-break season for him.
No, he wasn't interested in speaking about the past. As far as he's concerned, that's all over with.
The clearest evidence of that is when he looks down the field. No longer is his head spinning, his eyes darting all over desperately trying to spot a receiver. Now, Smith knows the offense better and that has him cool, calm and collected.
But, again, none of that is any concern to Smith these days.
"Come on, running game," Ryan said with a smile. "That's what I was thinking: Let's run that ball."
Ryan acknowledged that he knew it would be a tough go for Smith, who "won" the starting job by default when Mark Sanchez went down with a season-ending shoulder injury last summer. In his first game, Smith had a touchdown pass and an interception, and set up the winning score against Tampa Bay with a run in the closing seconds that drew a personal foul penalty on a late hit.
"He worked so hard in the offseason to get where he is right now," coach Rex Ryan said. "Now, it's just, go out and do it. He's got confidence and his whole team has confidence in him. Take off from where you left off, that's all he needs to do."
It was something he repeated a few times during his 10-minute session speaking with reporters. He's all about where he is now as a player, and what he needs to do Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.
FLORHAM PARK,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, N.J. (AP) — Geno Smith had a little bit of an edge to him, a testiness rarely seen from the New York Jets' quarterback.
There's skepticism as to whether Smith will ever develop into a top-notch starting quarterback. Some preseason rankings also have Smith ranked near the bottom of NFL quarterbacks, largely based on his overall numbers from last season.
"There is obviously a much greater sense of confidence that I have in him," Ryan said. "I always thought that this guy could play in the league, but I feel much better about it now."
"Every guy's trusting one another and (that's) a good sign for our football team."
The fact Smith ended on the upswing gave the franchise a lot of optimism,Wholesale China Jerseys.
"We'll see," Smith said when asked what has been his biggest improvement. "You can say a bunch of things have improved, but you've got 16 games to go out there and prove it and we'll learn from that. We'll see in the next coming days."
While Smith declined to flash back to what he was thinking at this time a year ago, Ryan remembers exactly what was going through his mind.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 03:11 , Processed in 0.061344 second(s), 26 queries .