4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-27 13:11:04 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Picketing exercises were staged yesterday by supporters of the opposition People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C), expressing displeasure about the decision by Government to stop the ‘Because We Care’ cash grant for the time being, in order to facilitate a comprehensive review of the initiative.The Brickdam, Georgetown Ministry of Education and the Departments of Education in Regions Two and Three were among the venues for the demonstrations. The protestors were however few in number at the three locations. In the city, the placards revealed that the protestors were against a move by Government to stop the $10,000 ‘Because We Care’ cash grant initiative for public school children.The first picketer this publication sought to solicit a comment from yesterday was Mark Adrian, who said that he resides at Yarrowkabra, Soesdyke/Linden Highway.“Me just come with dem man, me ain’t know nothing…me just come fuh de walk; me ain’t come to protest,” said Adrian, although he stood on the picket line displaying a placard clearly stating “children need more, ministers should get less.”Gwendolyn John, also of Yarrowkabra, said that she was unable to explain why she was picketing. Drakes John, however, said that he heard rumours about Government stopping the cash grant and so he decided to join the picketing exercise. He said that he has two children attending public schools and told this publication that transportation was provided for him to travel from his Yarrowkabra home to Georgetown yesterday, at no cost to him, to join the picket.“I don’t know who send a bus, I didn’t find out all of that, but I jump in the bus and come down… and whenever they send the bus I will come down, because I am interested in this ($10,NFL Jerseys Wholesale,000) grant,Authentic Jerseys Cheap,” John stated.A very vocal Tasleem Drepaul,Cheap NFL Jerseys, on the other hand,Cheap Jerseys From China Online, said that he was there to protest because “we care, PPP care, and we want that $10,Jeff Green Jersey,000 that would help our children.”The man who hails from Kuru Kuru, also on the Highway, said that the $10,000 was a grant that was made available by the PPP/C while in Government for “all children going to secondary school and primary school and things like that.”Drepaul claimed that he was the mastermind behind the protest action outside the Education Ministry, even as he pointed out that “in general it was a plan that I had to come out here…I am like an activist in terms of looking at the interest of people and I stand firm behind the people…especially the vulnerable people.”He stressed that many children are unable to attend school because their parents can’t afford to buy some of the basic things such as uniforms for them. He revealed that there are plans for continued protests at various locations across the country to highlight people’s disappointment with Government’s decision to stop the cash grant.Aside from would-be Members of Parliament, Charles Ramson Junior and Gillian Burton, the other picketers declined to comment.Among the slogan on the placards were: ‘Give us our due! Reinstate the $10,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys,000 cash grant’; ‘Rupert stop the extravagance! Give us the $10,000’; ‘the PPP Cares! They gave $10,000. APNU-AFC show us that you care too, give us more’; ‘plenty for the Ministers nothing for the children. Shame on APNU-AFC’; ‘plenty ministers equal plenty salary equal no money for children’.Meanwhile, a number of parents and Region Two officials also staged protest action in front of that district’s Department of Education.Some of those protestors’ placards read, “Unite parents,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, uniforms for student”, “meals for students, Is this the change?,” 100 day plan, APNU keep your promise, “Minister of Education is a sell out,” Is this the change to send mothers on the street?,” “we want our $10,000 nothing more nothing less”.The protest was reportedly organized by concerned parents and joined by Region Two Regional Democratic Councillors, Devanand Ramdatt, Juliet Coonjah and Arnold Adams.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:26 , Processed in 0.073379 second(s), 26 queries .