9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-3-29 04:46:37 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Smiles were on the faces of 36 teachers from Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE) Johns Centre on receiving their free laptops last week, courtesy of the World Bank.The ceremony took place at the college’s secondary centre on the Corentyne.At the 2012 graduation ceremony, which was held at the National Cultural Centre (NCC) for teacher-trainees from the Cyril Potter College of Education, Mr. David Granger in delivering his charge to graduands said, “We are working on the proposal for every teacher to have his/her own computer”.Just after Mr. Granger completed his charge to the graduates, the principal Mrs. Debbie Thomas told the graduates from the 2010 batch that they will be having free laptops in a matter of days.Students from the Johns Centre were asked to be at the Berbice centre for 14:00 hrs on Monday 14th January,Cheap NFL Jerseys, 2013 to uplift their laptops.Thirty- six eligible teachers from the 2010 Cohort, Rose Hall Johns Centre received computers. Ronaldo Eastman, a teacher from a Secondary School in New Amsterdam and Ms. Diana Algu from Manchester Secondary who copped Best Graduating Student in the Associate Degree in Education (ADE) program were among the recipients.Mr. Eastman graduated from CPCE with a Distinction. He started teacher-training in November 2010, with his major being Mathematics and Minor English. Mr. Eastman, in sharing one of his best experiences while being a student-teacher at CPCE Johns Centre said, “My first and best experience was working with my colleagues,World Baseball Classic Jerseys Outlet, especially my group study team that was set up in New Amsterdam,Wholesale China Jerseys, which included Roxanne Gomes, Shellyann and myself”.Some of the teachers pose with their laptopsHe added, “We took Ms. Beverley Baker’s (Head of Centre) advice and formed a study group. This study group has helped us tremendously, since the time that is allotted for this ADE programme was not enough. Intense discussions were made during these sessions on modules and concepts. Because of this, we were able to better handle examination questions more confidently”. Mr. Ronaldo also shared one of his bad experiences. He said, “receiving results late was very frustrating, not only for me but for my colleagues. To me, this is not the fault coming from the satellite centres, but more so from Turkeyen. I am positively sure that Turkeyen can do much better”.“Firstly, I want to say thanks to all those who made this event possible. I can now use this device in my classroom to help deliver the curriculum in a more efficient way since our world is advancing… it’s about time for teachers to join in”. Eastman stated, “even though we are years behind technology, we are thankful today for this free laptop”.Ms. Khemwattie Diana Algu, Best Graduating Student country- wide for the ADE programme, in making her comments said, “Receiving timetable a week before examinations was appalling. Turkeyen really needs to work on this defaulter. Also, the time that student receives the results,World Baseball Classic Jerseys 2017, my God! This is a pain by its self. This sometimes really confuses me. Were it not for the study group, I don’t know what would have happened. Nevertheless,World Baseball Classic Jerseys, my CPCE experience would ever be a part of me. It would be a fascinating story that I would love to share with my children”.Ms. Algu,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, in extending her thanks for receiving her free laptop said, “at least CPCE has done one good thing for us, so I would like to extend my gratitude to the World Bank and CPCE for making this possible. She also said, “I want to thank Ms. Baker, (HOC), Mr. Tejpratap, the Secretary, and all the tutors. To my colleagues, kudos must be given to you all”.ADE 2010 graduates from other centres across the country will also receive laptops shortly.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 21:38 , Processed in 0.071497 second(s), 28 queries .