9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-1 16:23:00 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Two women, who narrowly escaped death when fire destroyed a three-storey guesthouse on Hadfield Street almost two weeks ago, believe that the police are not doing enough to bring the perpetrators to justice.The two women, Shelly Hope and Tiffany Collins, who were sleeping in the building when it went up in flames, are convinced that the caretaker of the property has much to do with the blaze which also destroyed a section of the next door Car Care building.Investigators have already pronounced that the fire was the work of arsonists. Police had detained the caretaker but released him on $20,000 station bail.Both Hope and Collins told this newspaper that the caretaker had disappeared from the hotel while it was engulfed in flames only to return after the fire was extinguished.Additionally, the two women recalled that the caretaker was acting very strangely earlier that night and they suspect that he had aided and abetted the perpetrators.Lucky to be alive: Shelly Hope (left) and Tiffany Collins.Recounting their ordeal, the two women said that they shared a room on the third floor of the guesthouse and had retired to bed when they were aroused around midnight by melting cloth dripping on them.“Normally, we would wake up whenever the buzzer for the hotel ring,Cheap Jerseys Outlet, but that night we slept through,” Hope told this newspaper.She said that when she got up she looked through a window and saw that fire had engulfed the room directly next to theirs.Collins told Kaieteur News that she also heard two children who were sleeping in another apartment with their mother, screaming.“I start hitting our door and calling for the caretaker but there was no answer and I start panicking,cheap jerseys,” Collins said.By this time smoke had filled their room and visibility was almost non-existent.“I was actually suffocating. I felt like I would have died. Thank God the grill doors were open,” Collins stated.Fortunately, the women were familiar with the layout of their room and they began feeling their way towards the only door that would lead them out.In the process Hope fell down and some burning material fell on her. However she managed to make her way to a window to catch her breath.“I don’t know if she go to jump, but then I got the door open and I call out to her that it was open. The room was dark and I came out first and then I pulled her out too,NFL Jerseys China,” Collins recalled.They then made their way down to the bottom where they finally got to safety, with no clothes on, just as the walls of their room came crashing down.“If we didn’t wake up, we would’a dead because just as we come out, the walls come down,” Collins stated.Both women said that initially they did not feel any pain and did not know that they had sustained burns until they were on the street.“Is a woman give we clothes to put on and then we realize we get burn,” said Hope who suffered the worse.According to Hope, the caretaker was later seen coming from a few streets from where the guesthouse is situated.When he was asked where he was when the fire started, he explained that he had tried to alert the women by banging on their door.But the women do not believe his story, especially since he was subsequently seen wearing clothing that would have been destroyed by the fire had it not been removed in anticipation.They believe that the caretaker allowed the perpetrators in since all the grill doors were left open,Brian Poole Falcons Jersey, and this is not usually the case.“I would put me head on a block that he know what happened. He had to know, he was acting funny whole night. He even ask we if we ain’t going out,” Hope stressed.They are peeved that the police are still to institute charges despite obtaining statements from several persons.The two women are now forced to beg lodging at a friend and there is no telling when they will be able to return to their normal lives,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, having lost everything they owned in the fire.“This thing has left me shaken. Every time I feel something warm,Throwback Jerseys, I think about this fire,” said Collins.“I had to take ten bottles of saline to catch me self,” said Hope, who spent several days in the Georgetown Public Hospital recovering from burns to her hands and back.Police say the matter is still to be thoroughly investigated.Llewellyn Johnson, a part owner of the property had told this newspaper that he handed over CCTV footage of activity outside the guesthouse to the police.He explained that the camera footage showed about five men entering the building from the front before the blaze.“Two man with all over black, two pon bicycle, a big strong one with a back-pack , he gat fuh be de gasoline man. When he went in de building, fifteen minutes after, de building catch afire,” Johnson explained.He had disclosed that there were two previous attempts to burn the property in the midst of a bitter dispute with someone who had reportedly ‘purchased’ the building.According to Johnson, several reports were made to the Alberttown Police Station but “the police have never done anything with regards to the threats, and watch wha happen now. Me children lef with nothing, nothing.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 22:38 , Processed in 0.066012 second(s), 26 queries .