9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-6 11:05:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
“I knew to myself, since he was identified as the PPP’s Presidential Candidate, that he was the best choice…What you see is what you get…he is a genuine person…not just because he is my husband but because I know him,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, I know he is the best person; he has spent his life trying to the make the lives of Guyanese better…What you see is what you get; there is no pretense in him.”By Sharmain GraingerWith ambitious plans to bring fresh life to the portfolio of First Lady, wife of the new Executive President of Guyana, Mrs. Deolatchmee Ramotar, is slowly but surely embracing the title even as she pledges nothing but complete support for her husband (Donald Ramotar) of 37 years.With a background in both nursing and education, Mrs. Ramotar is currently sifting through some critical areas which she just might direct much needed attention to during her stint as First Lady. However, she believes that her initial priority is to give attention to the family and children, with a keen eye on empowering the family.“I am looking somewhere along that line and I am hoping that after the holidays I will have my final decision and be more active,” Mrs. Ramotar disclosed during a recent interview.As First Lady she is also likely to advocate for Physical Education in each school and for the introduction of a foreign language as well, given the fact that Guyana’s continental neighbours are not English speaking.“We are partners in economic development and I believe that introducing the foreign languages to our children is important as they will be in a better position to learn and retain at an early age.”And given her nursing background, the First Lady is hoping to promote the importance of having students have more hands-on experience in the wards adding that “we need our young nurses to work on the wards because nursing care is really important and our young nurses need to learn the old-fashioned way of nursing.”Born to Mr. Ramdular and Mrs. Bissoonrajeah Sawh on July 26, 1949,Cheap China Jerseys, Deolatchmee, the sixth of 10 children,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, was raised at Huis t’ Dieren on the Essequibo Coast. And though she was brought up under strict Hindu religious belief she did embrace the Christian religion as well. She recounted attending the Mandir on Sunday mornings and attending Sunday School after, fondly reminiscing that she lived in a small village and “we lived together as one…we did all the religious functions together.”Entering into the world of work saw her indulging in a short teaching stint at the Huis t’ Dieren Primary School and at the age of 20 she opted to leave for the city to pursue a secretarial course at the Government Technical Institute. It was not long after that she applied at the Georgetown Public Hospital to join the nursing staff, first undertaking a Nursing Assistant programme and moving her way up the ranks, even completing the midwifery programme.Over her 13 years as a Nurse, Mrs. Ramotar was stationed at the Georgetown Public Hospital, the Mabaruma Hospital and the Bartica Hospital. She had also offered her working skills to the Sugar Industry Welfare Fund for a period where she worked at helping to improve the lives of sugar workers. She had also assumed the position of Conveying Officer after which she was promoted to Administrative Officer, a position she retired from last year.However she reflected that her most lengthy career as a nurse and her husband’s political career worked out quite well over the years as they not only found quality time for each other, but also had time to build a loving family together. Their union saw the birth of three children, the eldest being daughter Lisaveta Valantina, and sons Alexei and Alvaro Mario.“I had fixed working times and he had flexible times and so he was always there to help me…our timing worked out perfectly for us…He was and still is a caring husband and father and I know that this attitude will transcend to his new office.”Mrs. Ramotar revealed that although she was confident that the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) was poised to win the November 28,Cheap Jerseys From China, 2011 elections, she was realistic enough to accept that the win was not final until the last vote was counted.The soft spoken Mrs. Ramotar said that prior to the announcement of the results she was being advised of what to expect as First Lady but noted that she was not willing to embrace the possibility of the new title until after her husband was sworn in as President.“I knew to myself, since he was identified as the PPP’s Presidential Candidate, that he was the best choice…What you see is what you get…he is a genuine person…not just because he is my husband but because I know him, I know he is the best person; he has spent his life trying to the make the lives of Guyanese better…What you see is what you get; there is no pretense in him.”Mrs. Ramotar described campaigning alongside her husband and the PPP as hectic but yet exciting, but firmly stressed that she had absolutely no expectation for herself, even in light of the fact that she could be named First Lady. She was so resolute in her support for her husband and the party that her primary focus was that if her husband was elected President it would mean that Guyana was inheriting a very respectable and extremely capable person for the position.She recounted that the eventual announcement by the Guyana Elections Commission’s Chief Election Officer, Gocool Boodoo, that her husband had won the presidency triggered immense emotion within her. She revealed, too, that she was and still is convinced that her husband possesses the ability not only to govern fairly, but to effect necessary changes that the Guyanese society requires.Offering assurance that she is prepared to continue to support her husband’s hectic lifestyle as a politician, Mrs. Ramotar said that it was a long time ago she accepted her husband’s passion which she described as a “seven days a week, 24 hours a day” responsibility which is only likely to intensify.“I am accustomed to that….although this will be a bit different, I am not worried because I know he is doing it for the entire nation not just for the party…reality has already set in and I know I am ready for this…I will support him all the way,” she assured.She is optimistic that her husband will be able to use the country’s first minority Government to the advantage of the people,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China, adding that it is her hope that the country’s motto “One People, One Nation, One Destiny” will be entirely fulfilled.“I think that the heavenly father has something planned for us as a nation and I think maybe this is the time that he wants things to happen….and we just have to see what happens now…” Mrs. Ramotar mused.But even as she embraces her husband’s new designation and the fact that the title of First Lady has been bestowed upon her, it was not until a few days after her husband’s swearing in that she recognized that Guyanese have a need and anxiously look forward to having a First Lady. And as she considers the way forward, she has plans to ensure that her family indulges in the Christmas festivity which could perhaps see a grand family gathering at State House, which she has sought to have decorated divinely,Wholesale Jerseys, or some other appropriate location.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 15:45 , Processed in 0.068206 second(s), 26 queries .