2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-9 06:01:22 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
His team in the top Polish league,Wholesale Jerseys From China, the Wroclaw Giants, won the championship in 2013. He played for Dresden in the German league last year. Texas Tech assistant coach Kevin Curtis has contacts overseas and alerted agent Jeff Griffin to a highlight video of Aiyegbusi, who's ineligible for college ball because he's been paid in Europe. Griffin had a hard time believing the film.

Working in the security industry, Aiyegbusi finally felt financially secure enough this year to take the risk of traveling to the U.S. for his NFL tryout — with no guaranteed contract and the constant threat of being cut.
Research by the Vikings turned up four other Poland-born players in modern NFL history. Three were kickers, including Sebastian Janikowski, the 15-year veteran of the Oakland Raiders. Defensive tackle Jason Maniecki, who spent three seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1996-98, was the only position player.
"I consider myself as a smart guy, so I feel like I can handle the playbook," Aiyegbusi said, catching his breath after a recent practice. "But still, in Europe,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, my physique was good enough for beating everyone. And down here, you guys are big and strong. And they've got good technique. If he's not stronger than you, he's probably got better technique and knows what you will do before you do it, actually."
They all played high school and college football in the United States, though. Aiyegbusi played his first game at age 18.
Aiyegbusi said he's been warmly welcomed by the Vikings, some of whom went out with him one day for Polish food in the northeast part of Minneapolis that was settled largely by Eastern Europeans. Some of his teammates even expressed interest in visiting him in Poland in the future.
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Babatunde Aiyegbusi has limited American football experience in leagues in Germany and his native Poland. Yet the 27-year-old offensive tackle is getting a shot at the NFL.
"My opportunity is just for them to get better," Aiyegbusi said. "Everything that I learn here I will bring back home one day and then teach them."
For the Vikings, this was the ultimate low-risk, high-reward move, given the 90-man roster they're afforded during the offseason. When it's time to reach the 53-player limit at the end of training camp,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, though, or even assemble the 10-man practice squad, finding space for an undrafted player is always tricky. Even for a prospect of his enviable size, the lack of college experience will be a big hurdle for him.
With scouts from more than half of the NFL teams scheduled to attend a pro day workout at Texas-San Antonio in less than two weeks, Griffin hustled to secure an expedited visa for Aiyegbusi, with NFL assistance. Waiting until his new client's 4 a.m. arrival the day before the workout, Griffin waited with worry that "the guy was going to come out and be 5-8, 340."
"He's running down the field almost catching the running back after he blocks. I'm like, 'Man, is this real?'" Griffin said.
"The guy is truly a sponge. He absorbs all the information. Completely coachable," Vikings offensive line coach Jeff Davidson said. "We are starting from ground zero, though, so I know as a coach I have to be patient. We're just looking each day to find one thing that he's going to improve on,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, because you can't do them all at once."
He's hungry to soak up as much skill and strategy of the sport as he can to share with Polish teammates, the guys he's used to staying up with until 7 a.m. to watch NFL games live before scattering for work or school. Even if this experience doesn't last past August, he'll always be an ambassador to Poland of the game he's become so fond of.
His name is pronounced bah-BUH-toon-day ah-YEHG-boo-sehee. It's Nigerian, the nationality of his father who moved to Poland and met Aiyegbusi's mother. Aiyegbusi is married with a 3-year-old son, a family he eagerly returned to this weekend after three months away for workouts and practices with the Vikings.
He is the latest example of the obsessive search by NFL teams for unknown talent, a hunt unbounded by U.S. borders. Hulking at 6-foot-9 and 350 pounds, it's a wonder how Aiyegbusi has ever been hidden.
The Vikings were impressed enough to fly Aiyegbusi to Minnesota for a private workout two days after the session at Texas-San Antonio. They signed him the next day.
Worst case, this is a rewarding cultural exchange.
"And this is a big playbook in a different language, so I'm a little bit back,wholesale nfl jerseys," Aiyegbusi said. "I'm trying to catch up. My weekends are all about lying in bed and resting and reading the playbook and watching the film and trying to get better."
He was as big as advertised on the YouTube clip with more than 580,000 views, highlighting pancake block after pancake block.
To try to prevent that,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, he's had his oversized head buried in the team's oversized playbook.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 10:19 , Processed in 0.068870 second(s), 26 queries .