帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-11 13:14:29 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Even as some Jets players have acknowledged being a bit star-struck by Vick, Smith has managed to gain the trust of his teammates — in the huddle and outside of it.
"When it comes to being on the field, I just want perfection," Smith said. "I try and chase perfection. I try and be the best I can be at every single practice, every single rep. I think that's what guys are seeing the most."
"I always see myself as a leader and that's in life, in any aspect of my life," Smith said. "Being in this locker room, I've just continued to be myself and guys gravitate to me because I have just a natural leadership ability, leadership qualities, and that's a part of the reason why I'm here in the first place. I just try to continue to push the guys."
"Really, for me, it's just about continuing to stay grounded," he said. "This team has a long way to go and we're still working extremely hard to try to reach our ultimate goal."
It's all talk, as far as Smith is concerned. More like white noise he can easily tune out. Smith believes in himself. Always has. And now, his teammates are also starting to buy in as well.
"I think 'G' is a great listener, first and foremost," Vick said. "I think any key to success in this sport at our position, you have to have the ability to listen.
No, there haven't been any games. And, no, Smith's body of work doesn't compare to Vick's career. But Smith has taken charge of his situation this offseason, pulling teammates aside on the field to go over plays and studying more film than ever before. When the Jets signed Decker in April, Smith sought out general manager John Idzik to get his new wide receiver's phone number so he could welcome him to the team.
Smith has transformed from wide-eyed rookie to respected leader in a span of a few months. The second-year quarterback entered minicamp as the starter,Discount Football Jerseys, ahead of Vick, and Smith intends to keep his spot on the Jets' depth chart.
"I think Geno wants to learn. He wants to be better."
The presence of Michael Vick doesn't shake his confidence. Neither does his not-so-solid hold on the New York Jets' quarterback job,Wholesale China Jerseys. Not even his uncertain status as the future of the franchise,China NFL Jerseys.
That includes coach Rex Ryan,Jerseys NFL China, who was encouraged by Smith's finish last season and has liked what he has seen from him as he tries to build off that.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Geno Smith is unfazed by it all.
An up-and-down rookie season ended on a positive note for Smith,NHL Jerseys From China, with three wins in the final four games and the Jets finishing a respectable 8-8.
And make no mistake about it: Smith is pushing himself, too. He knows that last season's 21 interceptions against 12 touchdowns is no good. He has been working with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and quarterbacks coach David Lee to improve on his footwork,Discount NFL Jerseys, and going over the playbook in his mind constantly. He is also noticeably bigger physically, the result of increased work in the weight room.
"He knows this offense forward and backward," Ryan said. "And, I think we're going to see some great things from him."
"Really, I'm a sponge," Smith said. "I'm learning as much as I can. I'm learning on the fly. I'm learning every single day. I just soak it up and continue to work hard."
Smith isn't planning on that, of course. He also doesn't believe he needed Vick with New York to push him, calling himself a "self-starter." But having Vick around could play an important role in Smith taking that next step as an NFL quarterback — and a leader of a franchise.

The Jets have acknowledged that both Smith and Vick are competing for the starting job, but Smith clearly has an edge going in. That could certainly change, especially if Smith falters and Vick thrives in Mornhinweg's system as he did in Philadelphia.
NOTES: RB Chris Johnson, rehabilitating a surgically repaired left knee, participated in individual drills, but will not take part in 11-on-11 team periods during minicamp. The Jets are being cautious with Johnson, who signed with New York in April. ... G Willie Colon, recovering from offseason knee surgery, said he's feeling good and fully intends to be ready for training camp. ... The Jets had six players in for tryouts: Punters Drew Butler and Jacob Schum, kickers Andrew Furney and Carson Wiggs, and offensive linemen Bruce Campbell and Ray Dominguez. Butler is the son of former Bears kicker Kevin Butler and spent two seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"He's taken a quarterback role, he's taken a leadership role and he's always growing," wide receiver Eric Decker said after the Jets' first minicamp practice Tuesday. "He's always maturing, he's always getting better at what he does and he's got a future in the NFL."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 15:43 , Processed in 0.065987 second(s), 26 queries .