2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-12 16:20:49 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
On Thursday, after reaching out to a local survivors' shelter,Cheap NFL Jerseys Stitched, Allen helped announce that the Colts would raise money and collect cellphones to aid domestic violence victims in Indiana.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Domestic violence is an issue that tugs on Indianapolis tight end Dwayne Allen's emotions.
The goal is to collect 1,013 phones, equal to the same number of children Indianapolis-based Coburn Place Safe Haven has helped since opening in 1996
Now, Allen is eager to go full-throttle given what he said he witnessed as a child, first with his stepfather and later with his mother's boyfriend.
"Whenever you're fortunate enough to overcome something, I think you owe it to others to help them,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping," Allen said. "And now that I have the strength to protect my families and other families, I want to help."
Now he wants to use his own platform to make sure others follow his mother's advice.
He said he remembers seeing his mother's swollen eyes, hearing the screams and cries of his brother and sisters as the beatings continued inside his home. The helpless feeling that at ages 4, 5 and 6 or even 11 and 12, he couldn't do anything to prevent it. Eventually,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, Allen recalls, his mother escaped the physical abuse and protected her seven children by calling the police.
And with team vice chairwoman Carlie Irsay-Gordon, Coburn Place Safe Haven Executive Director Julia Kathary and Allen all in attendance, the Colts said they also would collect cellphones and other electronic devices for HopeLine, and take cash donations at the Oct. 19 game against Cincinnati..
Allen understands why there was a sudden surge — many of those who are abused don't know where to turn for help.
The Colts and Verizon have pledged more than $20,000 in grants to help finance programs.
The message from Allen's mother, Olivia Davis, to her children was simple and succinct.
HopeLine provides used devices to survivors.

"It's important that we all get together and we end this silent, terrible epidemic," Allen said, stopping briefly to grab toward his heart and choking back tears. "I'm not here to condone or condemn what's been going on around the league, but it's our responsibility to demonstrate what it means to be a father,Cheap Sports Jerseys, in some cases a big brother,Wholesale Jerseys, a positive light in the community. Whether we like being in the limelight or not, it doesn't matter. We know it comes with our profession and it's our responsibility to step up and be role models for those people, including a lot of children."
It's the second straight year the Colts have participated in the program. But this year's plan received much more publicity because of the backlash the NFL has faced since the release of a video showing former Ravens running back Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee and current wife in the face.
Several other allegations of domestic and child abuse since then have prompted league officials to impose stronger punishments. Some teams have taken players alleged of wrongdoing off the field. Kathary said domestic violence hotlines around Indiana saw the number of calls spike in the aftermath of the Rice video and some locations saw the number of calls increase by as much as 77 percent.
"I would go straight to my room and the door was shut," said Allen, who fulfilled another pledge to his family earlier this year by earning a diploma from Clemson. "I have a brother who is four years older than me and we were able to get together and he said everything would be OK, and then (after it was over) I would talk with my mom and cry with my mom."
"I was disappointed because a colleague of mine was going through something and, obviously, he didn't handle it the right way," Allen said when asked about his reaction to the video. "I think we, as professional athletes,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, should be held to a higher standard and whenever we act less than what we should, it's disappointing."
"She always taught me to respect women, to have the utmost respect for women, and don't ever put your hand on a woman," Allen said. "I take that very seriously."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 21:56 , Processed in 0.068262 second(s), 26 queries .