主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-13 02:21:07 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It's a work in progress, but certainly it is a point of emphasis,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap," Saints coach Sean Payton said. "Whether you are getting it from your four-man rush or whether you have to get it from pressure, it's something you have to pay attention to and something we have to continue to work on."
Even with Galette, the Saints ranked only 25th in the NFL with 34 sacks last season, a significant drop from the 49 they made in 2013. The defense struggled across the board, plummeting to 31st in yards allowed from fourth a year earlier, and got a lot of the blame for the Saints missing the playoffs with a 7-9 record.
"Clearly we didn't capitalize on last season when we had all the cards in our hand," Jordan said. "This season we don't have such heavy expectations from the world, but we have heavy expectations in our building."
Jordan's own production slipped last year, too,Cheap Jerseys Store, down to 7 ½ sacks from 12 ½ in 2013.
End Parys Haralson,NFL Jerseys Cheap, a 10-year veteran who made a career-high eight sacks with San Francisco in 2008, has 6 ½ sacks in two seasons with New Orleans.
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Sack-less through two preseason games, the New Orleans Saints have ratcheted up concerns about their lack of a pass rush this week.
"It's one thing to hit a quarterback, but it's another thing to finish a quarterback,Cheap NFL Jerseys China," he said. "I think we're doing all right. I'll have more for you after the next game" against Houston on Sunday.
Notes: Sean Payton returned to practice on Thursday after flying to California for his daughter Meghan's first day of college at Pepperdine on Wednesday. "It's a fairly small dorm room with three girls, so in the morning when you walk in you're just overwhelmed with clutter and shoes," Payton said. "I would say storage and space — organization — was at a premium. ... Kind of a lump-in-your-throat type day, too, when you leave." ... The Saints hold their final open practice of the preseason Friday night in Tulane's on-campus Yulman Stadium, which opened last year and holds about 25,Authentic Jerseys Cheap,000 spectators. The practice starts at 7 p.m. The Saints have a close relationship with Tulane, whose head coach, Curtis Johnson, was a receivers coach on Payton's staff. Tulane also routinely uses the Saints' indoor practice field to get out of excessive heat or rain. "Certainly on a Friday night it gives a lot of people the opportunity — that are otherwise maybe working — to come see a practice," Payton said. "Those guys have been practicing in our field house — shoot — for the last three years, so I told C.J., 'We can borrow your field for one night.'" The Saints have not practiced at Yulman Stadium, but when the NFL club was founded in 1967, it played home games in the old Tulane Stadium, on the same part of campus, until the Superdome opened in 1975.
After releasing outside linebacker Junior Galette in July due to multiple off-the-field issues, they entered training camp with a huge hole to fill.
"I've gotten down to where I needed to be," he said. "I really didn't worry about the number, more just about the feel and how I was running and moving."
The pass rush would benefit from improved interior play, too. Akiem Hicks and John Jenkins, who are working with the first team,Jerseys NFL Cheap, combined for three sacks last year while providing little help for Jordan and Galette.
Jordan is the only player on the roster with four or more sacks in either of the past two years. He has moved to Galette's old spot as a pass-rushing end in the preseason, trimming a few pounds to make himself quicker.
Jordan pointed to a few quarterback pressures in the first two preseason games but also said the Saints needed more results.
The question is who will give him some help.
The other candidates at end and outside linebacker are a collection of undrafted free agents or players with no history of productive pass rushing.
Galette made a team-high 10 sacks in 2014 and 12 in 2013. His departure left them with defensive end Cameron Jordan (20 sacks the past two years combined) and a bunch of unknowns in terms of getting after the quarterback.

New Orleans drafted outside linebacker Hau'oli Kikaha in the second round after he registered an NCAA-best 19 sacks for Washington last year. He has made seven tackles in the preseason but zero sacks.
The Saints signed eight-year veteran Anthony Spencer, who has played end and linebacker, from Dallas in the offseason, reuniting him with former Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, but Spencer had only half-a-sack in 2014 after returning from a knee injury that sidelined him for more than a year. He also has missed practice with an unspecified injury after playing in the Saints' preseason opener against Baltimore.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:37 , Processed in 0.074079 second(s), 23 queries .