帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-15 18:19:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
In the secondary,Cheap Jerseys Outlet, Ricardo Allen is making a push for playing time after spending his rookie season on the practice squad. The Falcons moved him from cornerback to free safety, and he quickly made a good impression on the coaching staff despite a lack of experience at his new position.
That philosophy worked in 2012, when the Falcons won the NFC South and came up 10 yards short of reaching the Super Bowl. But the last two seasons were abysmal: a combined record of 10-22, which cost Mike Smith his coaching job.

Notes:  The Falcons reached a waived-injury settlement with rookie safety Terell Floyd,Cheap Jerseys, a college free agent out of Louisville. ... Quinn said he's not sure how much time the starters will get in the preseason opener. "I don't want to give a series or a quarter or a count," he said. "Some starters need more work than other starters.  So it's not like a blanket assessment."
Quinn knew he would face a tall task, considering the Falcons gave up more total yards (6,372) and more passing yards (4,Adidas NHL Jerseys China,478) than any team in the league last season. They ranked 27th in points allowed (26.1 per game) and were in the bottom half (21st) in rushing yards for good measure.
"I like the effort that we are going with. I feel the energy we're bringing," Quinn said after Tuesday's practice. "We got a long way to go in terms of our attitude to keep going after the football. I like the drilling that we have done for tackling. (When) we get a chance to evaluate it over the next few preseason games, we will have a better sense of where we are at."
The Falcons used their top draft pick on Vic Beasley, who will man the "Leo" defensive end position in Quinn's 4-3 scheme. Lining up on the weak side, the 6-foot-3, 246-pound rookie is being counted on bolster Atlanta's dismal pass rush.  The second-round pick,Cheap NBA Store, cornerback Jalen Collins,Clark Griswold Jersey, should also get extensive playing time.
Linebacker was another big concern. Atlanta signed Brooks Reed, Justin Durant and O'Brien Schofield to shore up that position, but the jury's still out on those moves. Reed has been slowed by hip and groin issues, while Durant battled injuries the last two seasons and has gotten extra time off in workouts, all in hopes of making sure he's ready to go in Week 1.
The Falcons devoted much of the offseason to beefing up the defense, which had been largely ignored in previous seasons as management focused on building a high-scoring offense that could overcome any deficiencies on the other side of the line.
Good thing for the guys he's now coaching.
The Falcons were one of the NFL's worst defensive teams a year ago, a situation their new head coach is determined to turn around. Quinn came to Atlanta after serving as defensive coordinator for the Seattle Seahawks, who have the league's most-feared unit and reached the last two Super Bowls.
Talk about going from first to worst. In Seattle, Quinn's defense easily ranked No. 1 in total yards, passing yards and point allowed.
The Falcons play their first preseason game Friday night, hosting the Tennessee Titans.
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Dan Quinn isn't going to make comparisons to his old team.
"When you're losing, it's frustrating," cornerback Desmond Trufant said. "But we're heading in the right direction and we're going to turn this thing around."
"I'm going to reserve comparing,Cheap NFL Jerseys," Quinn said. "What I can tell you is the aggressiveness, the toughness, the finish, those are the things that I'm looking for, and I feel that speed from the guys."
Certainly, the defense has become more of a focus.
During the early days of training camp, Quinn is pushing to have a defense known for its effort and pursuit to the ball. But it looks as though he must still deal with a shortage of talent, a reality that may take a few more years to address through the draft and free agency.
"The coaches are starting to believe in me. My teammates believe in me. I believe in myself," Allen said. I feel like I've put in the work, and now I'm going through the process. Anything I can do to get on that field and make my team better, I'm all for it."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 02:51 , Processed in 0.081770 second(s), 28 queries .