主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-16 12:13:08 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
While all those numbers are impressive, even more impressive is his won-loss record. Smith is 30-9-1 as a starter the past three seasons, trailing only Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees in victories among quarterbacks with at least 30 starts. Smith has also thrown just 17 picks over that span, and his quarterback rating of 92.5 is far above the league average.
Sure, Smith politely answers every question about his uncertain future, but he also makes it clear that he would rather not.
Smith threw for a career-best 3,313 yards and 23 touchdowns with only seven interceptions,NHL Jerseys Authentic, even while skipping the regular-season finale with nothing on the line.
"He's definitely peaking and rising,Jerseys Wholesale," Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe said. "Definitely leading this offense and making tremendous strides on delivering the ball and putting it where it needs to go, and that's all you can ask as a receiver from the quarterback."
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — The moment when Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith will no longer discuss his contract situation is rapidly approaching, even though he makes it seem as if the deadline has already passed.
"There's communication going on," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said simply. "Alex is a good football player and he's great for this football team. We're lucky to have him here."
"They're working through it and we'll see," Reid said. "These things take time. You know how the game goes. Alex isn't worried about it and I'm not worried about it. We just go play."
After losing his job to Kaepernick in San Francisco,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, and getting shipped to Kansas City for a pair of draft picks, he proved to everyone he still has plenty of ability.
In the span of 18 months, Smith has gone from the quarterback that the 49ers considered an after-thought to the one Kansas City is building around. Heady times for the former No. 1 overall draft pick, even though he would never allow himself to acknowledge it.
Notes: Oft-injured S Sanders Commings was carted off the practice field after getting juked to the ground by RB Jamaal Charles. A team spokesman said Commings hurt his right ankle. ... RT Donald Stephenson (left ankle) returned to practice after missing Monday's workout. "I got back faster than I thought and I'm proud of it," he said. ... DL Mike Catapano (illness) missed practice.
Turns out that's something Smith did marvelously last season.
That's why the Chiefs are so eager to have him around for a while.
The Chiefs have been talking to his representatives for months about a contract extension, but the sides remain far apart in their negotiations.
"I've got a year left and I'm planning on playing it. It doesn't change anything either way for me," he said of his contract situation. "I've got some football ahead of me. I'm focused on that and I'm trying to get ready for the Titans (in the season opener). That's just the way I feel about things and the way it needs to be done. There's no more time to be bothered by distractions."
Beyond that, there wasn't a whole lot Reid was willing to divulge. He's no longer involved in most of the contract talks, as he was in Philadelphia, deferring instead to Chiefs general manager John Dorsey — who has likewise danced around the subject of Smith's contract.
And most suspect he'll land an extension similar to what Colin Kaepernick received from the 49ers — six years, $126 million with $61 million guaranteed — after helping the Chiefs to bounce back from two wins before his arrival to an 11-5 record and the playoffs.
"You're getting to the point where either way, you want it to stop being a distraction," Smith said after practice Wednesday. "You guys know how I feel about this and it's the truth,NFL Jerseys China, yeah,Jerseys From China, you get to the point — and I'm there — where you finally cross the line and it's just football from here on out. I'm done talking about it, behind the scenes as well."
Smith is due to make $7.5 million this season,Wholesale Jerseys China, the final year of the contract he signed with San Francisco.

Asked whether he has a specific deadline for breaking off talks, Smith replied: "No hard line, yeah, but at some point mentally it'll come to me. 'It's over. Let's just focus on the season.'"
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 16:17 , Processed in 0.072866 second(s), 23 queries .