主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-17 02:17:37 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
When Ryan was hired by the Jets as coach in 2009, he burst into the Big Apple with guarantees and declarations that fired up a fanbase thirsting for an identity. He delivered that, and then some, kicking things off by predicting a meeting with President Barack Obama as Super Bowl champions.
On Thursday night, he's back at MetLife Stadium, the place where Ryan's celebrity rose to its peak. A win for his Bills (4-4) against the Jets (5-3) would go a long way toward helping the coach live up to his promise in his second act as an NFL head coach.
"Good times," Jets linebacker Calvin Pace said.
"I should have handled things differently when I was there and should have really made sure that Woody, in particular, knew exactly what I was feeling," Ryan said this week. "So I think you learn from it and all that type of stuff. But it's 100 percent my responsibility. I never ducked that."
"This dude is wild," Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins said of Ryan's latest stunt. "That's crazy."
EAST RUTHERFORD,NBA Jerseys China, N.J. (AP) — Rex Ryan was always good for a laugh or a headline — usually both — during his six seasons with the New York Jets.
Those are just a few of the entries on a lengthy list of adjectives used to describe the NFL's most quotable coach.
"Good defensive coach," Jets safety Calvin Pryor said. "Definitely got a sense of humor and a funny guy. He's a good person."
Brash. Bold,Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys. Real. Controversial. Lovable. Outspoken. Obnoxious. Annoying,Cheap Baseball Jerseys. Silly. Fun.
But Ryan's words began to ring hollow with fans, the media and perhaps some of his players as the wins dwindled. A change in general managers — from Mike Tannenbaum to John Idzik — in 2013 didn't help, particularly since Ryan and Idzik were in the equivalent of a forced marriage.
That's a daunting task,Cheap NFL Jerseys, considering Buffalo hasn't been to the postseason in 15 seasons, the league's longest active drought.
New York went 4-12 last season and owner Woody Johnson opted to clean house.
Ryan flipped off a fan once,Cheap Jerseys Online, and shouted a profanity at another. He showed up to a news conference wearing a blonde wig and a pillow under his sweatshirt to imitate his twin brother Rob. His massive weight loss after Lap-Band surgery made headlines. So did the tattoo on his right arm that featured his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez No. 6 Jets jersey.
He's the classic example of the guy you can't stand when he's on the other sideline and love if he's on your side — as long as there's winning to go along with all the yapping.
But Pryor clammed up when he was asked if Ryan is a good head coach.
Across the river from Broadway, no less.
He took his share of criticism this week when he announced that Ikemefuna Enemkpali would be a game captain Thursday against New York, despite the linebacker breaking Jets quarterback Geno Smith's jaw with a punch during training camp. Ryan was defiant, insisting he was simply sticking with his tradition of honoring players going up against their former teams or playing in their hometown.
Ryan didn't stay unemployed for long, blowing into Buffalo a few weeks after getting fired. He brought that familiar electricity to his introductory news conference, vowing to return the Bills to respectability — and the playoffs.
The consecutive trips to the AFC championship game raised expectations as well as Ryan's profile. He was in a movie, wrote a best-selling book and became the face of the franchise. His popularity soared to the point where he could have probably run for mayor and won in a landslide.
"Uhh,NHL Jerseys From China, he said. "No comment on that."
They all apply.

The jury is indeed still out. Ryan's 50-54 regular-season record is mediocre, although his 4-2 mark in the postseason — all on the road — is mighty impressive.
"I've been blessed to, you know, get another opportunity here with the Bills and really that's where my focus is," Ryan said. "I don't really want to dwell on what happened in the past and that type of stuff. Just focus on the right now, and the present, and we know we got a huge game in front of us and that's really where the focus is."
He has consistently led the league in entertaining news conferences and continues to do so with the Buffalo Bills. Twitter was buzzing the moment Ryan stepped to the podium wearing a Clemson helmet Tuesday.
He declared during a radio interview that he didn't come to New York to kiss Bill Belichick's rings. Ryan provided perhaps the most memorable line on HBO's "Hard Knocks" in 2010, when he lit into his players with an expletive-laced tirade and capped it by demanding everyone eat a snack.
Dull was out and swagger was in — in a big way.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:57 , Processed in 0.076364 second(s), 23 queries .