4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-17 14:46:00 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Police at Springlands have detained two suspects in connection with last Tuesday’s attack on five Crabwood Creek, Corentyne fishermen in Suriname waters.The boat the pirates allegedly used at the Scottsburg BeachAdditionally, a boat,Nike NFL Jerseys China, believed to be the one used by the masked, armed hijackers to carry out the attack, was found along the shores of the Scottsburg Beach at Number 72 Village, Corentyne late Saturday evening around 23:00 hrs. Three eight-gallon containers and the boat’s engine tank have also been recovered. These items have since been lodged at the Springlands Police Station.Orvin ‘Bird’ Harripersaud, 32, of Lot 20 Grant 1801 Crabwood Creek; Dhaneshwar Balgobin, Kubeerdhall Samlall, Dhaneshwar Sookdeo, Neelnarine Balgobin, and Ramesh Chandra Seenarine, all of Crabwood Creek, were brutally attacked with cutlasses and guns on the Corentyne River last Tuesday night.The pirates carted off over $1.5M in items, including their boat.At the end of the nearly two- hour ordeal, the fishermen were left in the dark, cold Suriname waters. They were forced to trek through bush for hours and swim before eventually reaching Nickerie, Suriname.The victims are positive that the boat police seized is the same vessel that the pirates had used.“It is the exact boat…” Harripersaud told Kaieteur News.The boat donated to the Number 66 Fishermen’s Co-op Society by the Government“Last night , one of them been selling the tank in Crabwood Creek and a next fella told me that someone has a tank for sale…when I go, I checked first thing for a piece of twine I had banded it(the boat)—then I realized it was my tank and I took him to the station”.The man told Harripersaud that he found the tank next to “a blue boat” and led Harripersaud to the boat along the beach. “He said that he come catch crab and he found the tank”.Then Harripersaud received word yesterday that someone was selling three fuel containers at the Springlands Market. He rushed and discovered the exact jars they used on the fateful trip that night. Police investigations are continuing.Meanwhile, Acting Chairman of the Upper Corentyne Fishermen’s Co-op Society at Number 66 Village, Corentyne, Indarpersaud Rampersaud, who is also a member of the Berbice Anti- Piracy Committee (BAPC), denounced the latest attack on the fishermen. Additionally, he said that this is the first time in years whereby an attack has occurred so far out in the river. Most occur along the mouth of the Corentyne River, which begins at Number 61 Village. However, this recent attack took place in the Corentyne River proper.“This is a surprise…we have to look into it”. He added that the Government, several years ago, donated a boat with a 75- horsepower engine to patrol the river. Additionally, five pump- action shotguns were granted for use in this regard…so my view is that when we patrol now, we have to patrol in the Corentyne River”.Each member of the Management Committee is licensed to use the weapons. “Most times, we go out there to assist fishermen when they have hijackers out there and we have apprehended most of the hijackers”, he stated.The five fishermen with their boat the Raghine IIHe noted, too, that the pirates “get smarter” in that they are attacking at night, “so what you can see in the day, you can’t see in the night”.He noted that a lot of fishermen have become discouraged due to the increased attack. However, most fishermen are forced to stick with the trade since it is all they know to do. “Some fishermen only know to do fisher work; they don’t know to do any other thing”.The official stated that the problem has to be solved at the level of the fishermen themselves, “because they are out there and they know when the pirates are attacking.”“We are fishing directly in the Suriname waters and for us to patrol in the Suriname waters we have to get permission to patrol there but we do get at the local level”.He also believes that the pirates are local fishermen who are committing these heinous attacks.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 01:38 , Processed in 0.068266 second(s), 26 queries .