主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-18 12:51:52 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"We're disappointed," Benson attorney Phil Wittmann told reporters immediately after the hearing. He had argued in court that the efforts of Benson's child and her offspring were "the very embodiment of a fishing expedition" by relatives who were unhappy with competent and reasoned decisions by Benson.
Smith had asked Reese to appoint Dr. Ted Bloch III, a psychiatrist, to examine Benson. Reese said Bloch and an expert chosen by Benson's lawyers (they did not make their choice known Tuesday) plus a third expert agreed upon by both sides must examine Benson by March 13.
Smith referenced Texas Judge Tom Rickhoff's ruling in his arguments to Reese. "Judge Rickhoff, after hearing two days of evidence,NFL Jerseys From China, expressed serious concern about the vulnerability of Tom Benson," Smith said, before being pointedly told by Reese that the trust issue was a separate matter.
The Texas case involves control of assets in the San Antonio area, which include auto dealerships,Jerseys NFL Cheap, a bank and ranch property. It does not involve the pro teams in Louisiana, but is part of the dispute that has come to attention the past month.
"I have instructed my attorney Phil Wittmann to bring forth this medical exam of me as soon as possible," he said. "I look forward to taking this test. I respect the Honorable Kern Reese's decision today, as I know he had a tough decision to make, but I look forward to putting this behind us and moving on."

Renee Benson and her children, Rita and Ryan LeBlanc, filed the lawsuit questioning the 87-year-old billionaire's competency after the three were abruptly fired from leadership roles in the sports franchises and after Benson announced that his wife, Gayle, would control the teams after he dies. The suit says Gayle Benson, who married Benson 10 years ago after the death of his second wife, has "systematically isolated" him from family, friends and advisers.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Hours after a New Orleans judge ordered that he undergo psychiatric examinations by three experts, Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson issued a statement Tuesday saying he wants to do that as soon as possible as he fights an effort by his daughter and her children to have him declared incompetent.
The case marks the second time in a year that an NBA owner's mental capacity has been publicly questioned. After former Clippers owner Donald Sterling's disparaging remarks about blacks became public last year, his wife had him removed from the family trust that owned the team, which was later sold, because of questions about his mental competence.
Reese's ruling came a day after a Texas judge in a parallel case appointed two receivers to oversee a trust Benson established in that state for his daughter and her family. That order came over the objection of Tom Benson's Texas lawyers.
"I think it's a shame that this family, this family business and its issues has to play out in the public," Charles Stiebing of New Orleans, a Saints fan clad in black and gold athletic gear,China Jerseys Cheap, said as he ran laps around the Superdome last week. "It's very sad that all this would ever come out."
"We just want an independent evaluation," Smith said outside the courthouse. "That's what my clients want because they're very concerned about the health of their father and grandfather."
"Your honor,NFL Jerseys Clearance, Tom Benson changed his mind, and he had every right to do so," Wittmann argued.
Documents filed in the case indicated that the elder Benson broke off contact with Renee, Rita and Ryan in late December.
Benson responded later with a three-paragraph statement that he was determined to fight the suit and that his decisions were sound and in the best interest of his businesses.
Tom Benson has owned the Saints since 1985 and bought his NBA team in 2012, changing the name from Hornets to Pelicans in 2013. Rita LeBlanc, 38, has worked for the Saints in various roles since 2001, rising during that time to the level of part owner and executive. But weeks ago she was from removed the clubs. Her mother and brother,NFL Jerseys Cheap, who also had been listed as part owners, were also removed from executive roles with the clubs. And Benson announced that his wife would control the teams upon his death.
The family feud has generated buzz on social media and on the street in New Orleans.
New Orleans Civil District Judge Kern Reese ordered that Benson be examined by March 13,Cheap Jerseys Online. Each side must choose one medical expert and they will agree upon a third.
Neither Benson nor his estranged relatives attended Tuesday's hearing. Randy Smith, lawyer for Renee Benson and her children, said it was "telling" that Benson has not attended court proceedings and has fought a court-ordered expert's examination.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 20:57 , Processed in 0.080111 second(s), 25 queries .