10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-3 19:56:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Amy Harris recently conducted an interview with guitarist Zoltan Bathory and bassist Chris Kael of Las Vegas, Nevada-based metallers FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below. Amy Harris: [Speaking to Chris] How did you come about being in the band? Zoltan: Tell her the story of how you ended up in Vegas. His car broke down while he was heading to L.A. Chris: I got to Vegas about ten years ago, went out there to pursue music, did things for quite a while. I heard they were looking for a bassist through friends of theirs. My old friend from high school is actually their drum tech, Saul.  He has been working for those guys for a little bit now. I heard they were looking so I kept telling Saul, "Get me an audition,Wholesale Jerseys China, do what you can." So finally,Jersyes From China, I had been trying and hadn't heard anything, went to go see SYSTEM OF A DOWN at the Palms and was watching those guys on the stage and turned around and looked at the stage and it hit me, "If you want it, go after it." So that night I went home and Facebooked Jason Hook, a real brief message, "I'm your guy. Call me. All I need is an audition." He messaged me back the next day and asked,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, "How are your vocals?" Other projects I had done before I did lead vocals so I sent him a track from something I had written and was singing on as well. I guess they liked it because I was invited to do the audition. I came in that Saturday. Zoltan: It's an interesting thing because when he showed up, it was kind of the audition with the friends of friends, people that we kind of knew. Because you never know what you're gonna get. You get the crazy person and have to live with him. It's not just a musical thing that has to click but personally. He walks in, and he is a laid-back guy and when I saw his Muay Thai T-shirt, he is a fighter, too. . . When he walks in, it takes balls to get in the ring. It takes balls. Whoever says otherwise, it is you and the other guy and there is no way out unless you die. So he walks in as a laid-back guy and I see the shirt and I ask him,Cheap NFL Jerseys, "Do you fight?" He says, "Yeah, yeah." It's a hobby on the road touring. Chris: So he got a workout partner. Zoltan: You have to have a laid back guy that you can live with on the bus for 300 days a year. I want some guy who is chilled, nice to people. Chris: Boy,Cheap Jerseys China, did I have him fooled. Zoltan: No, he sounds awesome. I loved his bass tone. Ivan [Moody, vocals] wasn't there and we called him,Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap, "We got the guy. We got the guy." That night we went to dinner with Ivan,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and Ivan loved him, too. It was done. Chris: It was one of those things, it was a good proposition. During the audition,Cheap Jerseys USA, very first song,Cheap Jerseys Authentic, I felt it. I'm sure they felt it as well. Very first song, right into the chorus. Amy Harris: You just knew. Chris: Him and Jeremy [ Spencer, drums] during the first chorus. Zoltan: It's really interesting, musicians know. Some people who are not musicians may not, you have to have connections. It is how bands survive. It is not necessarily about success, not necessarily about music. The first and foremost issue with bands on why they break up is personal, it's always personal issues. So the bands that never have success and fall out are either about substance abuse issues or personal issues amongst members. So, half of the success is keeping your fucking band together. Therefore, you have to have the right member. He was the right guy.Read the entire interview from Amy Harris.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 12:31 , Processed in 0.067221 second(s), 26 queries .