2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-21 17:47:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Running back Shane Vereen has been effective out of the backfield with six catches in two games, but two veteran wide receivers have had disappointing starts.

"But I don't think our passing game has been really stellar to this point, so it's hard to sustain much over the course of the game and get those guys the ball when we're not doing as good a job as we're capable of."
"I have a lot of confidence in all our receivers and tight ends and backs in the passing game," offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels said. "I would anticipate that we'll go forward and the ball will get distributed to a lot of those guys that can do a lot of good things with it."
But Thompkins was inactive against the Vikings despite being healthy. Another second-year pro, Aaron Dobson, took his spot and caught one of the two passes thrown toward him.
In a 33-20 loss to the Dolphins, Edelman, Gronkowski and wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins caught 15 of Brady's 21 completions to wide receivers and tight ends. They also were targeted on 29 of the 43 passes thrown to players at those positions.
The other Patriots he sends out on pass patterns? Not so much.
Of Brady's 44 completions this season, 20 have gone to Edelman and Gronkowski. Of his 78 passes, 32 were aimed at them.
"We could certainly stand to get a lot more balance into our attack overall," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "We didn't have it in the run-pass ratio in Miami and we didn't really have enough of it in the passing game last week, or really for Miami for that matter."
Of course, both teams have played only two games. But the Patriots already have seen a troubling pattern — like the percentage of passes thrown to Edelman and Gronkowski.
"I've got to do a better job finding the other guys because it's a lot of good routes, they're big targets," Brady said Wednesday. "Guys are working really hard to get open. So, hopefully, it shows up this week in our pass game."
New England (1-1) plays its home opener Sunday against Oakland (0-2). The Raiders are tied for second in fewest yards allowed passing, with teams preferring to run against the NFL's worst rushing defense.
Brady has forged an excellent connection with Gronkowski since the tight end's rookie season in 2010,Nike Air Max 2018 Womens. Gronkowski had 226 receptions in 50 games over his first four seasons.
But rookie offensive tackle Cameron Fleming saw considerable action as an extra tight end,Nike Air Max Zero Black, giving the Patriots one less potential receiver.
When Brady distributes the ball more evenly, defenders can't focus as much on Edelman and Gronkowski. With 14 regular-season games remaining, there's plenty of time for that to happen.
The discrepancy was most glaring in last Sunday's 30-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings. Edelman and Gronkowski caught 10 of the 13 passes aimed at them. The other wide receivers and tight ends caught just two of the five balls Brady threw toward them.
"I've been here for a few years now, so you've just got to go out there every practice, work hard,Epic React Flyknit Sneaker, work overtime, stay after practice, get the same chemistry down," Gronkowski said. "It's not just chemistry with Tom. It's chemistry with the other wide receivers,Nike Off White The Ten, with the timing, chemistry with the offensive linemen."
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Tom Brady is very comfortable throwing to Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski.
How did he gain the trust of his star quarterback?
"I have a lot of trust in Danny," Brady said. "It's my responsibility to get him the ball and there were a few catches that got turned back (by penalties), a few big plays that would extend drives.
Danny Amendola,Cheap Air Force 1, signed before last season, has just three catches while being thrown to only six times. Brandon LaFell, in his first year with the Patriots, didn't catch any of the six passes thrown to him in the opener,Air Max 97 Undefeated White, LaFell wasn't thrown to at all in the second game despite playing 38 snaps.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 22:13 , Processed in 0.077641 second(s), 28 queries .