10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-3 21:09:03 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Latoya Giles Medical practitioners at the Georgetown Public Hospital have once again come under unwelcome scrutiny.Again a mishap,Troy Polamalu Steelers Jersey, this time the death of a newborn is the cause.Twenty-three-year old first time mother, Savita Paltoo,Dan Hampton Bears Jersey, is alleging that her baby died after a doctor ignored information on her clinic card which showed that the child should have been delivered via Caesarean section.Paltoo told Kaieteur News that on Monday last,Sam Mills Saints Jersey, she was given a referral letter from the Plaisance Health Centre to take to the Georgetown Public Hospital.She visited the GPHC on Tuesday morning. A clinic card which was seen by this newspaper stated that because of the baby’s position, vaginal delivery would have been a high risk.Savita Paltoo “After I reach to the hospital…..de doctor tell me I got to be admitted and that I had to do a Caesarian surgery, so I send home for my stuff.” After being admitted to the GOHC on Tuesday, Paltoo said she started having severe pains and began bleeding on Friday morning.According to Paltoo,Merril Hoge Steelers Jersey, a doctor ordered an ultra sound but alleged that hospital officials refused to give her any details about the findings of the ultrasound.She was taken back to the maternity ward where nurses began giving her intravenous drips, to help induce labour.Kaieteur News was told that about three hours later, Paltoo was rushed to the delivery room,Mike Ditka Bears Jersey, even though doctors had stated that a vaginal delivery was not to be done.The distraught woman said that after she was rushed to the labour room by a nurse,Lyle Alzado Raiders Jersey, the female doctor there refused to examine her.“She tell de nurse I ain’t ready…..because de baby not ready to come.”According to the woman, the nurse and the female doctor began having a heated argument and it was the nurse who was left to tend to Paltoo.She said the nurse filled up the Caesarian chart and Paltoo was rushed to the operating theater,Warren Sapp Buccaneers Jersey, late Friday afternoon.After hearing that she was being taken to the operating theater, Paltoo thought her nightmare would have been over.But she said that instead of Caesarian surgery, the doctors in the theatre forced her to deliver vaginally. However, that failed and doctors had to make a surgical incision to enlarge the vagina and assist in childbirth.The woman said she immediately knew something was amiss.“After I ain’t hear de baby cry…..I know something wrong and I start crying because I went through nine months of a pleasant pregnancy and this is what I end up with,” the distraught woman said.She said nurses quickly attached an oxygen mask over the infant’s face and took him to the postnatal ward.However, the baby’s condition apparently worsened and he was taken to the Intensive Care Unit. While in the ICU,Bruce Matthews Titans Jersey, the baby was also receiving intravenous drips.The woman said that one nurse told her that the baby’s breathing was low and that his heart beat was irregular.The baby spent one week in the ICU and passed away yesterday. Outraged relatives yesterday told this publication that all the while the baby was in the ICU, none of the hospital officials were willing to divulge any information about the child’s condition.“One week we going to the hospital and nobody don’t want to say anything…..” cried one relative.Meanwhile, a source within the hospital yesterday said that because the doctors did not heed the advice for a Caesarian section, there was insufficient oxygen during delivery, forcing the infant to slip into a coma.This also caused severe brain damage and saw survival being slim.When contacted yesterday,Ted Hendricks Raiders Jersey, GPHC public relations officer, Alero Proctor, said that she was unaware of the incident but a full statement on the matter would be issued on Monday when a post mortem examination is expected to be conducted.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:33 , Processed in 0.078183 second(s), 28 queries .