主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-22 11:01:37 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It felt good to be able to go out there and show flashes of the old ability that I still have and actually be able to put it out there on film so everybody can see it," Morgan said. "It was a major accomplishment."
That was how the receiver first made the New Orleans Saints' roster as a little-known, undrafted free agent out of Division II Walsh University in 2011.
"I've got to do things to help me stand out and make this team," Morgan said after practice on Monday. "If you make them remember you, it's hard for them to get rid of you."
"It all factors in," Payton said. "There are times in a game where it leads to confidence. In Joe's case, that was a significant injury, and for him to be able to come out and execute and make some big plays will help his confidence."
"To be at the point where I'm at right now, to be able to run around and have faith and trust in my knee right now is actually really good and speaks volumes for how much work I've been doing the past year," Morgan said.
Morgan needed only three catches to lead the Saints in yards receiving in New Orleans' most recent preseason game against Tennessee. His 108-yard performance last Friday night included a diving,Cheap Air Max 95 Sale, 52-yard reception and a 44-yard catch.
While Morgan declined to get specific, he said damage to his knee went beyond an anterior cruciate ligament tear,Epic React Flyknit Womens, and that his recovery was expected to take about a full year.
With that kind of competition, Morgan doesn't see himself as a lock.

METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Joe Morgan has a knack for the spectacular that's tough for coaches to ignore.
Morgan has not always distinguished himself during practice since training camp began in late July. On Monday, he did little that stood out beyond dropping a pass from quarterback Drew Brees over the middle.
Now, with his career in the balance as he comes back from knee surgery that cost him all of last season,Nike Free Run Shoes On Sale, he's starting to exhibit his big-play potential again.
NOTES: Cooks missed Monday's practice. Payton said Cooks had stomach flu. ... Others missing practice included S Jairus Byrd and CB Keenan Lewis,Air Max 97 Uk. Lewis had practiced on Sunday after leaving Friday night's preseason game with an apparent injury. Payton declined to discuss specifics on Lewis' condition.
He then set his sights becoming a more complete receiver in 2013, to prove he could also be effective on short and intermediate routes, only to blow out his left knee in a training camp scrimmage.
"I'm an undrafted guy so it's always going to be a fight, a fight to make the team," Morgan said. "I didn't play last year and it was a blessing for them to be able sign me back and give me a chance to prove that I can come off of my injury. So basically I just got to go out there show them I'm capable of playing and hopefully it's enough for me to make this team."
Morgan is in his fourth season as a pro, but because of injuries, has played only one season in the NFL.
Still, Saints coach Sean Payton has said it's important to take note when players come through with big plays during games, exhibition or otherwise.
When he returned healthy, but still unproven,Nike Air Max 1 Mens Cheap, in 2012, he caught a 53-yard touchdown pass in a preseason game in Jacksonville, helping him earn his first — and only — regular season roster spot. He ended 2012 with 10 catches for 379 yards and three TDs, an average of nearly 38 yards per catch.
He spent his rookie season on injured reserve because of a torn meniscus in his right knee. Fortunately for Morgan, that first injury setback didn't come until after he'd demonstrated he had the speed, moves and instincts to periodically break off long gains.
In his first preseason game as a pro, he returned a punt 78 yards for a score against San Francisco. He played in one more preseason game that year in Houston, where he hauled in a 56-yard touchdown reception.
Currently, the Saints have 10 receivers on their training camp roster and may not keep more than five. Marques Colston, first-round draft choice Brandin Cooks and second-year pro Kenny Stills appear to hold the top three receiver spots for now. Veteran Robert Meachem and third-year pro Nick Toon are also trying to secure roles,Air Max 90 Essential White And Black, while a pair of rookies — 6-foot-6 Brandon Coleman and 6-foot-3 Seantavious Jones — try to capitalize on their height advantages as they compete for jobs.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 09:27 , Processed in 0.081660 second(s), 23 queries .