主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-22 13:37:55 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Jones' biggest role remains on special teams, where his 4.33 speed in the 40-yard dash makes him stellar on coverage units and he will also be in the mix for returning kickoffs. Jones was tied for fourth in the NFL with 14 special teams tackles in 2013, according to Pro Football Focus.
NOTES: The highlight from practice came when Derek Carr connected with rookie Amari Cooper on a deep pass over CB DJ Hayden. ... LB Sio Moore did not practice and LB Malcolm Smith did not take part in team sessions. Spencer Hadley got time with the first team with those two out. ... WR Rod Streater remains on the non-football illness list. ... TE Clive Walford also has not practiced since the start of camp with an undisclosed injury. ... RBs Michael Dyer, Roy Helu Jr. and Jamize Olawale and RT Menelik Watson remain sidelined with injuries.

Jones actually played more running back than cornerback even in his two years as a defensive player. Jones ended up getting 12 snaps on offense in 2013 when Oakland's running backs were decimated with injuries. He had five carries for 23 yards and caught two passes for 55 yards,Adidas Nmd Pink Shoes.
The Raiders expected more big plays when they drafted him in the fourth round out of Eastern Washington in 2011. Jones ran for 2,955 yards and averaged 7.7 yards per carry in college, scoring 36 touchdowns in two seasons as a running back in college.
"I embraced my role on defense," he said. "My goal was to get better there and make a career on that side of the ball. Once they asked me to come over my motto is whatever I can do to help the team."
NAPA, Calif. (AP) — Taiwan Jones is making another position switch.
"He's got speed to burn,Nike Air Max 98 Gundam 2018," Musgrave said. "He's done a nice job learning our system. I feel like he has very few mental errors and it's hard to replicate speed like that. It's hard to simulate that in practice. So, when he gets in the game he can definitely have an advantage against some defenders."
Oakland's new coaching staff led by head coach Jack Del Rio and offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave decided earlier this offseason that Jones' blazing speed makes him more valuable as a running back with the ball in his hands rather than as a cornerback trying to cover receivers,Cheap Womens Jordan Sneakers.
But despite all that speed, Jones hasn't been able to break off a long kick return yet, averaging 22.5 yards on 36 kick returns with a long of 46 yards. In fact, Jones has yet to score a single touchdown. He has 27 carries for 117 yards and six catches for 91 yards in 41 career games.
"That was a no-brainer, especially the way Musgrave is going to play and do some things with him," general manager Reggie McKenzie said. "We felt like we had a lot of young guys at corner. The thing with Taiwan,Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Mens, in my mind he's a Pro Bowl special teams player. Finding a spot for him to make plays outside of that will be best for the offense."
"It feels pretty good," he said. "Offense has always been natural to me. Just being back there and getting the reps, I'm starting to feel pretty good."
Jones has looked good so far in practice,Nike Off White The Ten, getting extra playing chances because of injuries to running backs Trent Richardson, Michael Dyer and Roy Helu Jr. He has broken off a few long runs in team drills, although he did also lose a fumble.
Jones never got a snap on defense in the regular season that year and then went down with a season-ending foot injury while playing special teams in last year's season opener.
Two years after moving from running back to cornerback for the Oakland Raiders, Jones is going back to the offensive side of the ball.
Jones said it didn't take long in training camp for him to feel like a running back once again,Air Max 98 Gundam For Sale.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 16:26 , Processed in 0.088412 second(s), 25 queries .