主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-22 13:41:17 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"Football is tough, are you kidding me? The amount of work and preparation that you've got to put in and the relentless beat-up of your body that it takes, it's not even close. This is the best gig going," Gonzalez said.
Gonzalez, who was recruited by Broncos tight end coach Clancy Barone to give some career advice to Thomas last offseason, said he has no regrets about retiring last year after 17 NFL seasons and no rings.
"I'm in California. I'm sitting out here in the backyard and it feels like 77 degrees, right around there," Thomas said in a recent phone interview from his Huntington Beach home. "A nice little breeze. This is perfect. And I could be out at practice right now in Atlanta — and who knows how hot it is out there right now — and running routes and catching balls and all that other stuff.
Well, not quite.
"I'm with my family now. My mom's out here. My oldest boy is out here,Nike Vapor Max Plus Triple Black, Nikko, he's living with me. He's 13 now. So, it was important for me to get back with him now, too," said Gonzalez, who has two other children with his wife, October. "So, I got everything I wanted out of football."
"I think that's why I've been able to have mentally such a good transition,Air Max 90 Black And White Womens," he said. "I could have played. I'm away from the game because I wanted to be. And I loved every part of my NFL experience. It was great. It led me to getting a job on a desk at CBS, a great job."
A fitness freak and nutrition devotee,Air Max 97 Undefeated Uk, Gonzalez said he knows he could still be playing.
"I talk to Michael Strahan a lot,Cheap Air Jordan Shoes, he's a good friend of mine,2018 Nike Air Max 97, and he's like, 'Man, once you get this gig down, once you get really comfortable with it, it's the best gig going. Because you get to talk about football, you don't have to get hit and after the game it doesn't matter who wins loses, you're happy.'"
Gonzalez said he has attacked his new gig the same way he did his old one, working hard every day to get better at his craft.
The way Gonzalez sees it, he's right where he should be and the timing couldn't be better.

DENVER (AP) — Tony Gonzalez is having as much fun talking football as he did playing it.
He might even enjoy his three-piece suit more than a football uniform.
Julius Thomas has nine touchdown catches for Denver (5-1) and Antonio Gates has seven TD grabs for San Diego (5-2).
"I didn't get the Super Bowl ring," Gonzalez said. "But I have a view on that whole Super Bowl ring thing where if it's meant to be, it'll be. You can be a great football player and not get a ring or you can be a horrible football player and get a ring. And I've seen it. I've seen guys walk around with their rings and I'm like,Nike Air Max Shoes For Men, 'I don't even remember you playing on the team.' But they have rings. It was the right place at the right time."
He said he doesn't miss playing the game.
Gonzalez finished his career with NFL records for tight ends of 1,325 receptions, 15,127 yards receiving, 111 touchdown catches and 31 100-yard receiving games over a dozen years in Kansas City and five in Atlanta.
Now an analyst for CBS Sports, the 14-time Pro Bowl tight end will get an up-close view of Thursday night's showdown between the Denver Broncos and San Diego Chargers featuring the NFL's top two tight ends.
"Talking about football is a lot easier than playing football. But it's just as exciting, too, with all the people watching you and the cameras in your face," Gonzalez said.
"No, I don't miss the game at all," Gonzalez told The Associated Press. "The fortunate position that I've been is in the game didn't get taken away from me. I got to walk away from the game, which is unlike 98 percent of the league. I got to quit on my terms."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:58 , Processed in 0.079846 second(s), 23 queries .