3萬

帖子

9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-23 00:02:10 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
As he made his way through sections of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) yesterday hugs, kisses and congratulatory remarks were offered to Dr George Norton.Newly-appointed Minister of Public Health,NCAA Football Jerseys, Dr George Norton,Adidas Stan Smith Shoes Sale, (at centre) meets with senior officers within the sector yesterday.Dr Norton was on Wednesday sworn-in as Minister of the Public Health Ministry under the newly-elected A Partnership for National Unity and Alliance for Change (APNU+AFC) Government.His trip to the all-too familiar GPHC yesterday represented his first official visit to the Public Health institution in the capacity of senior Minister of Public Health.  Because of his political appointment, Dr Norton is required to give up his position as Head of the GPHC Ophthalmology Department which he has held for several years.Moreover, his visit to the hospital yesterday was to meet with departmental heads, some of whom he has worked with for many years.Among those he met with yesterday were Chief Medical Officer, Dr Shamdeo Persaud; Permanent Secretary within the Health Ministry, Mr Leslie Cadogan; Chief Executive Officer of the GPHC,Nike Shox Men Clearance, Mr Michael Khan; Director of the Institute of Health Science Education, Dr Madan Rambarran; Directors within the Nursing Department and other senior functionaries.Ahead of visiting the GPHC, the Public Health Minister met with staffers at the Brickdam, Georgetown, Ministry of Health, headquarters.During an interview with this publication yesterday the Minister admitted that he is now grooving into the new position.“I must say that at one stage I was nervous, but then when I take into consideration the seriousness of the Health Ministry in any country that sobers me up and tells me that the work has now begun,” said the new Minister.He related that over the years he was troubled by a number of areas within the health sector ranging from the high rate of maternal and child mortality to the high incidence of suicide.  Another issue of concern that has been gaining the attention of Dr Norton for a number of years is that of the whole system of procurement of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.And according to him, during his tenure he will be aiming to make sole sourcing of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals to the Health Ministry a thing of the past.Sole sourcing, he pointed out, meant that procurement from a single entity, the New Guyana Pharmaceutical Company in this case,Air Max 97 For Sale Australia, was done through a Cabinet order. But according to Dr Norton,Air Max 97 Undefeated White, “that is not the way to go. We have got to go through that method of having everybody on a level playing field by having a bidding process…it doesn’t mean that these (contracts) will always be awarded to the lowest bidder.”This is in light of the fact Dr Norton noted that some cheap medications that are sourced in India, for example, are not of the high quality of some high-priced medications that are sourced in Texas, United States.“My experience tells me that some of these high-priced medications are so much more superior than what we can get from Pakistan or Bangladesh or from India…so those are some of the factors we will have to take into consideration,” the Health Minister stated.Another factor that must be considered is the need for healthy competition, said Dr Norton. “We just can’t have sole sourcing; you need to give other companies the opportunity to come and present their cases to you, and make it in such a way that the pre-conditions do not limit them from applying, and that is what has happened in the past.”Such issues along with the need for proper training of medical personnel,Nike Air Max 97 Buy, he asserted, will not go unaddressed.“If I am allowed to, and can get my way, I will concentrate particularly on those…” he added, even as he turned his attention to the importance of job satisfaction in the whole scheme of things. He was at the time making reference to the fact that measures must be put in place to ensure that the medical personnel do not merely “go through the motion of coming to work and doing a job, finishing at a certain time and going home.”Instead he is hoping to help transform the public health sector to one where the medical personnel’s primary focus is to make a sick person feel better.“I am worried about how things are right now. I want persons, doctors and nurses, to be a part of the team, like the patients’ relatives and the patients themselves,” Dr Norton emphasised.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 18:01 , Processed in 0.070414 second(s), 25 queries .