2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-23 15:59:28 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Then the phone rang. The rebuilding New Orleans Saints had an open spot on the practice squad and a need for playmakers, even if the 5-foot-9 Moore didn't exactly fit the mold.
Moore has to push that fondness off to the side on Sunday when the enigmatic Saints (4-7) visit Moore and the Pittsburgh Steelers (7-4), who scooped up the 31-year-old veteran two weeks after New Orleans let him go. Though Moore is on pace for the fewest receptions in a season since he became a regular in 2007 — he's won over his new teammates with his attention to detail.
Moore never wanted to leave. Yet he understands the reality. After injuries slowed him in 2013,Nike Air Max Tn Shoes Women, Moore knew his $2.5 million salary was a luxury the Saints no longer wanted to afford. When the phone rang to say goodbye, Moore didn't complain. How could he have known back in 2005 he'd stick around this long?
NOTES: Bryant (illness) did not practice on Wednesday. ... Tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle) and nose tackle Steve McLendon (shoulder) were limited,Air Max 95 Black Leather.
"It's not all about me," he said. "I wasn't the only guy that was there last year that is not there this year. There's a bunch of guys that aren't there. I never wish a lack of success on them. There's a lot of my friends there. I want to see them do well."
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Lance Moore thought his playing career might be over in the fall of 2005. A training camp in Cleveland came and went without the undersized wide receiver earning a spot on the 53-man roster. The finish line wasn't in sight, but the horizon was approaching.
"He was extremely intelligent, great football I.Q.,Cheap Nike Air Max 2018," Brees said. "Just so smooth. Just knew how it was supposed to look,Nike Air Max 97 Order Online, knew how it was supposed to feel."
"He can do a little bit of everything," quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said.
"I want to win," Moore said. "I'm not going to try to be Superman on Sunday, nor should anybody else."
In a way,Adidas Shoes On Sale Cheap, Moore is back where he started. He was a graduate assistant at Toledo when the Saints reached out back in 2005. He's taken on a similar role for receiving group where he's the elder statesmen. He's fine with the arrangement so long as Sunday ends with the Steelers inching closer to their first playoff berth in three years.
"He's a low maintenance guy," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "He's extremely professional. He's smart. He comes with good ideas. He knows all of the positions. He's very versatile in that way and we've had to utilize him in that way because he is playing with some young people."
Mention to Moore the Saints have struggled without him and he offers a quick correction.
Originally slated to take over the slot position left by the departure of Jerricho Cotchery, Moore has found himself as the football equivalent of duct tape. If there's a need on a given play,Air Max 97 Buy Online, the Steelers will find a way to make him fit.
Moore admits he has no clue how he'll be used during a given week. The emergence of rookie Martavis Bryant has further jumbled an already crowded picture. The competitor in Moore wants to be on the field. The realist knows it's out of his reliable hands.
"They gave me a chance when nobody was really giving me a chance," Moore said.
Moore is less vital part than accessory these days, but he can live with the trade-off. Pittsburgh is winning, which is the main reason he chose to sign a two-year deal with the Steelers in March. His numbers might have been better somewhere else, but he's long since passed the time where ego played a factor in his decision-making.
"I have a special place in my heart for that organization," Moore said. "Things didn't end there the way I wanted to but it's a business first and foremost and I understand that. I definitely have love for them."
Just not on Sunday. Moore spent the early part of the week giving the Steeler wide receivers a thorough rundown of the leaky New Orleans secondary, which is 27th in the league against the pass. Tomlin called Moore a "minor resource," which may be understating it a bit. Moore caught hundreds of passes from Drew Brees, probing defenses for soft spots and finding ways to fit into tight spaces.
The marriage lasted nearly a decade. Moore repaid New Orleans' confidence with nine productive seasons, catching 346 passes — the fifth-most in team history — while helping the beleaguered franchise to its only Super Bowl title.

The fit hasn't been quite as snug in Pittsburgh. Moore dealt with a balky hamstring at the end of training camp and lost the starting slot receiver job to Justin Brown. He scored a meaningless touchdown in a loss to Cleveland but added an important 3-yard score in a Monday night victory over Houston that kickstarted the Steelers' current 4-1 stretch.
While Moore doesn't know the Saints' offense as well as Brees, the gap is narrower than most think.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 20:08 , Processed in 0.064126 second(s), 26 queries .