2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-23 18:23:10 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I loved Houston, I really did," Carr said. "I still have some of my best friends from Houston that I talk to. Football-wise, with what happened with Dave, I mean they were an expansion team."
The Texans have had a close eye on the younger Carr for some time now. Johnson joined the Texans in their second year and built a relationship with Derek, giving him advice and watching his middle school games.
"They're with you whether you're down or not because the last 10 years I was there we were down pretty much every year,Nike Shox Clearance," Lechler said. "But the fan support was always there, strong."
The experience of watching his brother get battered and even booed at times didn't dampen Derek's love of Houston or the Texans.
"It just shows you how old I'm getting," Johnson said. "It should be fun. I can't wait to get to talk to him."
Derek followed in David's path by starting the opening game of his rookie season. But he hopes to have more success than David, who never lived up to the billing of being the No. 1 overall pick in 2002. David Carr was sacked an NFL-record 76 times as a rookie on an overmatched expansion team and never really recovered.
He went to the games and practices, played catch with the mascot and hung around with NFL stars such as Andre Johnson.
OAKLAND,Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Mens Trainers, Calif. (AP) — Derek Carr has followed the Houston Texans closely since their start as an NFL franchise.
Carr's big brother, David, was the first Texans draft pick back in 2002,Undefeated Air Max 97 Australia, and the younger Carr spent much of the first five years of the franchise hanging around the team.
AWESOME ARIAN: After missing the final eight games last season because of back surgery and sitting out the preseason as a precaution, Houston running back Arian Foster looks to be back in form. Foster, who is third in the NFL in rushing since 2010,Off White Nike Vapormax 2018, ran for 103 yards in the opener to give a potent running threat that takes pressure off Fitzpatrick.
"You can't block him with all 11 of your guys,Nike Off White The Ten," coach Dennis Allen said. "You've got to eventually single him up some."
LECHLER'S LEG: Longtime Raiders punter Shane Lechler will return to the Coliseum for the first time since leaving for Houston as a free agent before last season. Lechler played his first 13 seasons in Oakland, winning three division titles and the 2002 AFC championship his first three years before going the final 10 without a winning record. Lechler was always a fan favorite and is looking forward to the return.
Those will all be distant memories come Sunday when Carr takes on his brother's old team in the home opener for the Oakland Raiders.

FAST FINISHER: Texans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has some fond memories playing the Raiders having led game-winning drives in his only two meetings against Oakland. In 2011 in Buffalo, Fitzpatrick led the Bills to five TDs on five second-half drives, capped by a 6-yard TD pass to David Nelson with 14 seconds left in a 38-35 win. Then Fitzpatrick struck again last year for Tennessee, throwing a 10-yard TD pass to Kendall Wright with 10 seconds left in a 23-19 win.
"These guys are trying to rip my head off," Carr said. "I'm not thinking about being a kid watching those games. They're coming after me."
WORRIED ABOUT WATT: The Raiders' revamped offensive line looked overmatched in the opener against the New York Jets when the team averaged 1.7 yards per carry and Carr faced the third-most pressure of any quarterback in the league. The task doesn't figure to get easier this week when Oakland has to contend with Houston defensive end J.J. Watt. Watt had two tackles for losses including a sack, blocked an extra point,Nike Air Max 90 Black Women, recovered a fumble, swatted down a pass and had five quarterback hurries in last week's win over Washington.
Here are some things to watch when the Texans visit the Raiders:
STAYING SHORT: Carr had one of the strongest arms of any quarterback in the draft, but wasn't able to show it much in a season-opening loss to the New York Jets. Only three of his 20 completions went more than 10 yards downfield and his average throw traveled just 5.2 yards ahead of the line — second shortest in the league last week, according to Pro Football Focus. Carr said that was a reflection of the defense more than conservative play-calling.
"It doesn't always work out the way you want to," he said. "But they were called and they'll continue to be called."
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 23:20 , Processed in 0.060632 second(s), 26 queries .