9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-24 00:13:01 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Crew may have perished– officialIt’s been 15 heart-wrenching days since a U.S. twin-engine aircraft and its three-man crew disappeared over the Mazaruni jungle.It has also been a week since the search team picked up any signals from the plane’s Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT), and an official from one of the companies that are coordinating the search and rescue operation says that this may indicate that the crash victims have not survived their ordeal.“The signal has not been heard since Monday, and this may be a sign that they have perished, and we now have to recover them,” the official, who declined to be identified, told Kaieteur News yesterday.“Even if you are optimistic, you also have to be pragmatic.”And Azad Khan, an official for Prometheus Resources Guyana Inc., said that the team is still conducting its ground search in the area where the aircraft is believed to have crashed.“We are still conducting the ground search. We intend to search for the next month; we are in this for the long haul.”He had suggested that the intermittent signals from the ELT could mean that a survivor was switching it on and off to conserve on battery power.But search and rescue expert and veteran pilot Captain Gerry Gouveia believes that the time is “fast approaching” when the search will have to be called off.“It’s very difficult at this time (for the company with which they are employed). They are spending millions searching for these people. They don’t want to give up.“I don’t rule out the possibility of the crew being alive. People have been known to survive in harsh territory.“I don’t believe in giving up,Nike Roshe Run For Cheap, but…there comes a point when a decision has to be taken, and I believe that time is fast approaching.“My heart goes out to the people conducting the search, especially their friends. It is a heart-wrenching thing.”Captain Gouveia described the Mazaruni area where the ill-fated aircraft vanished as harsh territory, and said that any survivors would face several challenges.“The challenges are exposure to the elements, rain, being wet in the jungle most of the time, running out of supplies; and the biggest thing they may be running out of is hope,Jordan Sneakers Wholesale, if you sense they have stopped searching for you.”Captain Gouveia knows first hand the odds that the missing crew faces.In 1994, Gouveia was flying some eleven miles west of Timehri when he crashed.He spent 15 agonising hours, including nightfall, in the jungle, before he was finally rescued.“The night after they searched and could not find me and the place silent, I felt myself sinking into a state of depression. A sense of hopelessness swept over me,Mens Nike Air Max 2018 Shoes, but I felt a burst of excitement the next day when I heard the planes overhead.“I was very lucky. I was testimony to the fact that people can crash and survive.”However, others have not been so fortunate,Off White Vapormax For Sale, and their bodies have never been found.He recalled that one pilot crashed in the Mazaruni jungle some two decades ago.Despite a massive air and land search by Civil Aviation Department and the army,Nike Off White The Ten, he was never found.Another plane,Air Max 90 Essential White And Black Mens, with its pilot and about six European passengers, disappeared while flying between Anna Regina and Mount Roraima.A third disappeared while flying to Kaieteur.The ill-fated twin-engine Beechcraft King Air disappeared two weeks ago while doing uranium survey work for Prometheus Resources Guyana Inc., a subsidiary of U308 Corp. of Toronto.Those missing are pilot James Barker, First Officer Chris Paris, and Canadian technician Patrick Murphy.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 17:09 , Processed in 0.074914 second(s), 28 queries .