10萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2017-1-4 01:27:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– concerns expressed over Const. Shepherd’s ommission The Guyana Police Force yesterday honoured the memory of 56 of its ranks who were killed in the line of duty at a special wreath laying anniversary ceremony at the ‘Place for Fallen Heroes’, Eve Leary.This year saw the addition of police Constable Baldat Becramsingh, who was killed while on guard duty at the Joint Services Housing Scheme, Lamaha Springs a month ago. The Guyana Police Force yesterday honoured the memory of 56 of its ranks who were killed in the line of duty at a special wreath laying anniversary ceremony at the ‘Place for Fallen Heroes’, Eve Leary. This year saw the addition of police Constable Baldat Becramsingh, who was killed while on guard duty at the Joint Services Housing Scheme, Lamaha Springs a month ago. This was two years after the last policeman died in the line of duty. However, notably absent from the list was Police Constable Kelvin Shepherd who was shot dead,Ramon Sessions Wizards Jersey, allegedly by his officer, Aassistant Superintendent Ivelaw Murray at the Whim Police station, one day after Becramsingh meet his end. Murray,Christian Laettner Team USA Jersey, according to reports, subsequently committed suicide and is not being considered as a fallen hero. However, even police ranks were questioning the omission of Shepherd despite the fact that he was bury with military honours. Presently, ASP Murray’s relatives are contemplating a move to the court to have him buried with honours, since they are convinced that he did not die by suicide. The police offered no explanation for the omission, a move which angered members of the media who eventually walked out on an invitation to join members of the force and relatives of the slain cop in a breakfast. This time around there were no speeches but relatives of cops killed in the line of duty dating back as far as James Ramsey, who was murdered in 1913 at Plantation Rose Hall, joined Minister of Home Affairs Clement Rohee and Police Commissioner Henry Greene in laying wreaths at the monument. Speaking with reporters, Constable Beckramsingh’s father said that he last spoke to his son the day before he was killed and was shocked to learn that he was killed while guarding the Joint Services Housing Scheme all by himself, especially since he was still a recruit. He indicated that at least there should have been another rank with him at the location. Another disgruntled relative, Poonia Latchanna,Michael Jordan Team USA Jersey, the mother of the late Lance Corporal Ramnarine Latchana, said that since her son’s death she has not been receiving the cooperation from the force’s administration that she expected. For one, she has not received the government promised $1M for the relatives of policemen killed in the line of duty. “My son used to mind me and look after me….I am now living without a job. No benefits, all they give me was $150,000 and it’s finished,Custom Raptors Jersey, I have nothing more left,LeBron James Team USA Jersey, the dead cop’s mother lamented. She added that the force has not been in communication with her regarding the memory of her son at the annual ceremony, claiming that for the past three years she has had to find out on her own about information regarding the wreath laying ceremony. “No one invites me here, I have to be peeping and seeking where to come. No Welfare Officer, no Police Commissioner invites me here,” Latchana told members of the media. This was two years after the last policeman died in the line of duty.However, notably absent from the list was Police Constable Kelvin Shepherd who was shot dead, allegedly by his officer, Aassistant Superintendent Ivelaw Murray at the Whim Police station, one day after Becramsingh meet his end.Murray, according to reports, subsequently committed suicide and is not being considered as a fallen hero.However, even police ranks were questioning the omission of Shepherd despite the fact that he was bury with military honours.Presently,Evan Fournier Magic Jersey, ASP Murray’s relatives are contemplating a move to the court to have him buried with honours,C.J. Watson Magic Jersey, since they are convinced that he did not die by suicide.The police offered no explanation for the omission, a move which angered members of the media who eventually walked out on an invitation to join members of the force and relatives of the slain cop in a breakfast.This time around there were no speeches but relatives of cops killed in the line of duty dating back as far as James Ramsey, who was murdered in 1913 at Plantation Rose Hall, joined Minister of Home Affairs Clement Rohee and Police Commissioner Henry Greene in laying wreaths at the monument.Speaking with reporters,Vince Carter Magic Jersey, Constable Beckramsingh’s father said that he last spoke to his son the day before he was killed and was shocked to learn that he was killed while guarding the Joint Services Housing Scheme all by himself, especially since he was still a recruit.He indicated that at least there should have been another rank with him at the location.Another disgruntled relative,Tracy McGrady Team USA Jersey, Poonia Latchanna, the mother of the late Lance Corporal Ramnarine Latchana, said that since her son’s death she has not been receiving the cooperation from the force’s administration that she expected.For one, she has not received the government promised $1M for the relatives of policemen killed in the line of duty.“My son used to mind me and look after me….I am now living without a job. No benefits, all they give me was $150,000 and it’s finished, I have nothing more left, the dead cop’s mother lamented.She added that the force has not been in communication with her regarding the memory of her son at the annual ceremony, claiming that for the past three years she has had to find out on her own about information regarding the wreath laying ceremony.“No one invites me here, I have to be peeping and seeking where to come. No Welfare Officer, no Police Commissioner invites me here,” Latchana told members of the media.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 18:54 , Processed in 0.067573 second(s), 26 queries .