2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-4-24 16:24:14 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
But they've tried their best to make him feel at home.
Of course, that hasn't kept Kalil, the team's resident jokester, from giving the 6-foot-4, 315-pound Oher some good-natured ribbing about the movie.
Teammates say that Oher has fit in well on an offensive line that returns four other starters.
Oher is expected to replace Byron Bell at left tackle. That position was solidified when Jonathan Martin injured his back and did not report to training camp.
Teammates say they can understand why the perceptions and pressure the movie has put on Oher might be a little taxing on him.
"Mike just sort of laughs it off," Remmers said. "He knows we're all playing around."
Right tackle Mike Remmers said he's taken to imitating some of the characters in the movie, too.
As for the movie,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, Oher said he can't recall the last time he watched it even though it's regularly shown on television.
But he struggled and was cut just one year into a four-year,Discount NFL Jerseys, $20 million contract.
"When I tell him the actor that plays him looks identical to him, well,MLB Jerseys From China, he really, really appreciates that," Kalil said tongue-in-cheek.
After starting all 80 games during his first five seasons in Baltimore and helping the Ravens win a Super Bowl, Oher wasn't re-signed in 2013 and left to join the Tennessee Titans last year.
"I think from a fan's perspective they see him as the guy from the 'The Blind Side,'" Remmers said. "But in here, in the locker room, he's Michael Oher. He's just a good guy. I am sure a lot of people have this perspective about him from the movie. But here, he's just Mike. He's one of the guys."
"For me personally, yeah I probably do have to get some things done and continue to prove myself,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and prove myself even more this year,Wholesale Jerseys Authentic," said Oher, who signed a two-year, $7 million deal with the Panthers.
"We just want to be under-the-radar, humble guys, just like to do our work and don't want to be noticed," Oher said. "When we're being noticed it's not a good thing, getting flags and things like that.  ... You like to take the humble approach and let everyone else get the credit. If everyone else is getting credit we're doing our jobs."
He doesn't like the attention it has brought on him, saying that offensive linemen shouldn't be in the limelight.
SPARTANBURG,wholesale jerseys, S.C. (AP) — When people first meet Michael Oher naturally they want to ask him about the 2009 hit movie "The Blind Side," which is based on his life as an underprivileged youth growing up in Memphis, Tennessee.
Panthers center Ryan Kalil has spoken with Oher about the movie and says "Mike, (is) not a fan of the movie."
However, the Carolina Panthers starting left tackle would prefer to leave the notoriety he garnered from the film in the past.
"The way they portrayed his youth as somebody who didn't know a lot about football and how lucky he got, just talking to Mike and getting to know his background, he maybe wasn't as clueless and he was portrayed in the movie," Kalil said.

As strange as that sounds to fans of the film, Oher is not a big fan of "The Blind Side."
He said he's doing a better job of "moving on" and accepting the exaggerated Hollywood story line, instead focusing on the positive impact it has had on people around the world.
"You'd be surprised how many letters I've gotten, people have adopted kids or how many lives have changed," Oher said. "I'm definitely excited about that because coming from poverty in the inner city where I come from, so many people look up to me. They say 'if I can do it, they can do it.' So I'm definitely happy about that and proud about that part of it."
"And he cares about his identity being about what he does as a football player, not in a movie that Hollywood makes. So I can understand it."
Now he's looking to jumpstart his career in Carolina, calling this an important season.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 15:59 , Processed in 0.074632 second(s), 26 queries .