[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-4-28 17:32:07 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The Dolphins — offensive and defensive players alike — rave about Suh's work ethic and his strength, no small feat considering not everyone stands out when a weight room is filled with brawny men. Phillips is massive, standing 6-foot-6 and weighing about 330 pounds. But working out next to Suh, he said, was just another illustrator of how far he has to go.
Then again, with Suh, one of the first thing Phillips learned in his time with him is that there aren't really days off in the NFL. Even for someone at Suh's level, there's always some way to get better.
It takes far more than talent to succeed in the NFL.
"I didn't feel like a big vet like that would be as open to helping a young guy like me,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys," said Phillips, who played his college ball at Oklahoma. "But he took on the role and put me under his wing."
How much is Suh lifting, exactly?
"If I can get to half as strong as he is," Phillips said, "I'll be fine."
Phillips has a lot to learn, as one would expect. In college,Wholesale Jerseys China, he was in a 3-4 scheme that had him reading and reacting. With the Dolphins, he'll be part of a 4-3 front and attack more than he did in college.
"How hard he works, it's incredible," Phillips said. "I've never seen anybody work the way he does. That's something I want to do."
There's also different levels of great.
Encouraging Phillips to join him out west is just one thing Miami is already citing as proof that Suh — whose reputation has taken some hits over some troubling on-field behavior — was worth the $114 million, six-year investment the Dolphins made this past offseason. He's still more than a month from making his first regular-season play with the Dolphins, but his leadership role isn't in question.
When the new defensive leader of the Dolphins asked Phillips — this year's second-round pick by Miami — to join him for what essentially was a training camp before training camp,Wholesale Jerseys, the rookie didn't hesitate before accepting the invitation. They worked on football, yoga, stretching, strength, mental approach, anything and everything that Suh thought would make Phillips better.
"That's an example of leadership — taking a young player, showing him obviously from a physical standpoint and a professionalism standpoint, a preparation standpoint, some of the things that he's done to get himself ready," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said. "Now, to take a young player under his wing so to speak and do those things, that's one great example that he's done already in the short time he's been here."
The other two hours of Phillips' time was owned by Ndamukong Suh.
The Dolphins were off Monday following four days of on-field workouts to begin their training camp. Practice resumes Tuesday morning.
That was another takeaway from Phillips' time with Suh,NFL Jerseys China.
"I have no idea. No idea," Phillips said. "I'm sure it's not even measurable."
"As I have grown up and understood in the league, being hopefully one of the elite guys, to be good and to be great as I want to be you have to go out there and help the guys around you,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, especially younger guys," Suh said. "Bring them along once you understand your role of what you have to accomplish. Jordan Phillips, guys like that you want to be able to help. Obviously they have great talent or they wouldn't be here."
They were together about 22 hours a day.
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — For about three weeks preceding the start of Miami Dolphins training camp, rookie defensive lineman Jordan Phillips and his fiancee were on a vacation of sorts in Oregon.
"Football is football,NFL Jerseys Supply," Suh said. "But there are different tasks, different wants, different needs."
For those two hours every day in Oregon, that's what Suh was stressing to Phillips. And the rookie took notice.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:16 , Processed in 0.077193 second(s), 23 queries .