2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-1 15:21:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I had to play slot because Welker was out and I'm not used to that,China NFL Jerseys," Thomas said. "I knew if it was like third-and-5, Peyton always went to Welker and I knew if I'm not open, he's going to be on me. So I was thinking when I got the ball coming my way, I would drop it, and first one I dropped. I let it get to my head: 'I'm letting down Peyton, I'm letting down my team.'"
Unable to forget it and move on, one drop turned into another. And another. And so on.
Thomas' big day included touchdown catches of 31 and 86 yards. Were it not for a chop block penalty negating his 77-yard TD catch, Thomas would have posted just the sixth 300-yard receiving day in NFL history.
"I think he just had a good look in his eye all week and he got back to his fundamentals."
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — With every dropped pass in September, speculation grew about just what was bothering Denver Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas.
His grandmother's death. Eric Decker's departure. Looming mega millions. Wes Welker's suspension.
Heading into the bye week last month with just one TD catch to go with four drops, Thomas consulted Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe and Broncos Ring of Famer Rod Smith, both of whom told him he needed to clear his head.
Thomas, who piled up 217 catches for 3,117 yards and 28 touchdowns, counting playoffs, the last two years, was mired in the first bona fide slump of his five-year NFL career.
Asked why he would declare Thomas' slump over before his star even had a chance to prove it in a game, Tolbert said: "I think his approach and the fact that all our guys are back now. We missed Wes the first couple weeks of the season. We shuffled guys around but everybody's back doing stuff they've always done,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, so I see everybody has a more stable mindset right now. I see the improvement in practice. And I expect nothing more than to see it in the game."
The usually sure-handed Thomas, who even made the erratic Tim Tebow look good back in 2011, had a trio of drops against Indianapolis on Sept. 7. All came within 4 yards of the line of scrimmage with significant yards after the catch a possibility.
Thomas said it boiled down to something else entirely:
Manning saw the signs of a breakout, too.
So, breaking out of his funk, he said,Wholesale World Cup Jerseys, was a matter of "just being back in my position and being more comfortable."
Tolbert's words proved prophetic. Thomas caught eight passes for a franchise-record 226 yards and two long touchdowns in Denver's 41-20 rout of Arizona on Sunday when Manning threw for a career-best 479 yards.
"Letting down Peyton."
"All the chips are in on us seeing the old Demaryius," Tolbert said last week. "Everybody at some point in time will go through some type of slump. And he's through his slump. Luckily for him, he got it out of the way early. So, I look forward to nothing but great things from Demaryius this Sunday through the rest of the season."

When he returned from the bye last week, Thomas went out onto the practice field on his own time and caught 250 passes on Monday,NFL Jerseys Outlet, then put in extra work the rest of the week, one of the reasons his position coach, Tyke Tolbert, declared his slump over.
That's the thought that invaded his mind when he was running free with two blockers in front of him against Indianapolis and Manning's pass inexplicably skipped off Thomas' hands.
"Demaryius challenged himself during the bye week,Wholesale Jerseys," Manning said. "He knew he wasn't playing up to his capabilities. He has high goals and high standards and for whatever reason,NCAA Hockey Jerseys, I think he's been thinking a lot. We did put him in the slot early with Wes out. He's been thinking a lot and it's just affected his concentration with catching the football.
"It's all right," Thomas said. "Everybody makes mistakes. We got back out there and were able to put up more points and to get a win, and that's really all that matters."
With an unclouded head and a clear conscience.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 19:18 , Processed in 0.088324 second(s), 26 queries .