2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-4 23:01:38 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"It was definitely a factor in the game," Davis said.
"Without a doubt, for a sack guy that loves to put pressure on the quarterback, six minutes left in the game,Cheap Jerseys, you're up big like that — you know what time it is? It's time to pin your ears back," he said. "Any time we know they have to pass, we can pin our ears back."
In the last of those games, a loss to AFC West-rival San Diego,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Houston dislocated his elbow and missed the final five games of the regular season. He returned in time for the Chiefs' playoff game in Indianapolis, but a bulky brace on the elbow limited his mobility. He still managed to get to Colts quarterback Andrew Luck in a 45-44 defeat that ended the Chiefs' season.
Then there were the injuries. The Rams lost star left tackle Jake Long to a knee injury, right guard Rodger Saffold to a shoulder injury and played for a while without center Scott Wells,Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale, who left with an undisclosed injury. Combine their replacements with a rookie starter at left guard in Greg Robinson and, well, the Chiefs' pass rushers were left to salivate.
That went doubly for Houston when he sneaked back on the field in the fourth quarter.
Nobody more than Houston, who had three of the seven sacks that Kansas City racked up against Rams quarterback Austin Davis. In fact, No. 50 was in the youngster's face so often Sunday that it seemed as if Houston was lining up in the offensive backfield most of the afternoon.
"It's more of a team effort," Houston said with a shake of his head. "Any time you make the quarterback hold the ball the front four can get pressure."
The superb play of Houston and the rest of his pass-rushing cohorts is a big reason why the Chiefs have had one of the best pass defenses in the NFL, despite losing Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Flowers in the offseason and Pro Bowl safety Eric Berry to an injury several weeks ago.
"I'll worry about that at the end of the season," he said. "My goal is to get as many sacks as I can every game, that's my job. Every time I can put pressure on the quarterback, that's a plus."

Chiefs coach Andy Reid had pulled most of his starters in the lopsided win against St. Louis,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, and his star pass rusher was supposed to be next to him on the sideline. But when Josh Martin hurt his hamstring late in the fourth quarter,China Jerseys Cheap, Houston quietly slipped back onto the field
"He kind of snuck in there at the end of the game," Reid said with a grin. "I just thought all along the front, we played very aggressive. We played an aggressive game."
"That's behind me," Houston said of last season. "I'm worrying about this year."
So far, several opponents have made things easy on him.
Not that Houston is thinking about records, especially with nine games to go.
Naturally, he went ahead and bagged one more sack.
Houston's three sacks on Sunday gave him 10 for the season, passing Denver's Von Miller for the most in the league. It also put him on pace to set the Chiefs franchise record, which has been held by the late Derrick Thomas since he recorded 20 of them during the 1990-91 season.
In the case of the Rams, they fell behind by a large margin early, and that forced them to throw the ball more than normal. Suddenly, Houston didn't have to worry about the run game.
Davis was just 15 of 25 for 160 yards on Sunday. When you combine the negative yardage from his seven sacks, his net passing total dropped to a meager 116 yards.
They certainly didn't hurt their ranking against St. Louis,NFL Jerseys Cheap.
The fourth-year pro also had 10 sacks through the first seven games a year ago, including a memorable 4 1/2-sack game in Philadelphia. Houston picked up another the following week against Cleveland, but then was shut out each of the next three weeks.
Still, the personal accolades are sure to flow in if Houston keeps up his current rate. He would finish with 23 sacks this season — rounding up to the nearest half-sack, of course. And that would eclipse the NFL's single-season record of 22 1/2 set by Michael Strahan in 2001.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Justin Houston wasn't supposed to be on the field at the end of the game.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 05:36 , Processed in 0.075475 second(s), 26 queries .