2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-6 11:41:26 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"I think as a whole, the group is very flexible," he said. "We all understand that we have to be able to play multiple positions.  There's only 46 uniforms given out on Sunday."
"That's why you play preseason games," Herrmann said. "We'll find out a lot about him,Cheap Jerseys China, but he played at USC, which is pretty good football, so he'll probably have a pretty good idea."
Herrmann likes the look of his linebacking corps, especially when Beason comes back.
"The impression I want to make is that I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help this team win and get back to the championship level that the Giants organization wants to be at," Kennard said. "I'm continuing to try to show that every day with the way that I work, with my selflessness for the team, and the effort I give in trying to be the best."

Kennard believes his best trait is versatility. Yet if Beason isn't ready for the opener in Detroit on Sept. 8, and McClain can't stay healthy — or can't beat out the rookie — Kennard could find himself with one position: middle linebacker.
"I want to continue to show that I can pick it up," he said,Discount NFL Jerseys, "because the first thing is I have to be able to make the right call, close in correctly and make the calls and all of the adjustments. And then with my playmaking and what I can do to help the team. I don't think I've done anything yet. This is just Day 2 of camp. I did OK during OTAs and minicamp,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, but I'm continually trying to show them what I can do."
Kennard looks like he can do many things, from rushing the quarterback to covering in the passing game to stuffing the run. He'll get a long look in the preseason games, which begin on Aug. 3 with the Hall of Fame game against Buffalo.
Not much room on the roster at middle linebacker for a fifth-round pick out of Southern California. So Devon Kennard is making room.
Kennard impressed the coaching staff during offseason workouts and minicamp. He is doing the same early in training camp, with Beason recovering from a broken bone in his right foot, and McClain slowed by a left foot issue.
And he knows just making the team is a huge hurdle to clear, particularly as the 174th overall choice.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Jon Beason turned around the New York Giants' defense last season. Jameel McClain was signed as a free agent in March.
Kennard has been anything but intimidated,wholesale jerseys.
"I liked him on film; obviously our college scouting liked him on film," linebackers coach Jim Herrmann said Wednesday. "He played at USC and he played under four different coordinators, and played four different positions, so I think he kind of got lost in the college shuffle a little bit there.
The Giants have no idea when Beason will be ready. They acquired him from Carolina last October, and the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker had 98 tackles after joining the team in the sixth game — New York's sixth straight loss. The defense finished eighth in the NFL overall after being near the bottom, and the Giants won seven of their last 10 games.
About an hour later,Jerseys From China, as Herrmann was running the linebackers through positioning drills,Adidas NHL Jerseys China, he bombarded Kennard with questions. The rookie shot back the answers, and the group moved on to other tasks.
Herrmann is eager to see how Kennard handles those tests.
"Again, we've got to go out and see him in live games, but based on what you see of him on film, he's not going to shy away from the game. He's calm, cool, and collected. It's the speed of the game, and we'll see how he plays. Based on what we do out here, I don't think he's going to have a problem."
Picking up a pro defense, particularly for a linebacker who only sometimes has played in the middle, is a major challenge. Kennard has been practicing at strong side LB as well as in the middle.
The way it looks so far, Kennard will be in one of them
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 05:06 , Processed in 0.067096 second(s), 28 queries .