帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-7 20:56:03 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Against the Falcons, Andrews broke off runs of 15 and 17 yards with his most impressive coming when he stiff-armed a defender before putting his shoulder into an Atlanta cornerback Robert Alford in the fourth quarter.
"I think so, and I know the running back position comes in terms of who gets those," Titans offensive coordinator Jason Michael said Thursday. "Antonio has done a really good job ... last week of being physical, and that's what we asked him to do last week. The package and the plays that he has he was physical and did that. We've got to continue in those plays to let him do those things. I would say yes in terms of earning more snaps."
The undrafted free agent out of Western Kentucky is coming off his best game yet, running 10 times for a career-high 57 yards against Atlanta. Even better,Cheap NFL Jerseys, the 5-foot-10, 225-pound bowling ball of a runner punished the NFL's stingiest run defense with stiff arms and simply mowing through defenders.
It was a performance that likely earned him more carries possibly Sunday when the Titans visit Houston (2-5).
Andrews broke out of a group running back approach in college by starting his last 24 games and running for 3,674 yards with a 5.9-yard average per carry. Andrews chose to sign with Tennessee as an undrafted free agent, keeping him close both to his college and where he went to high school in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and was a dual-threat quarterback.
Right now the Titans (1-5) rank 20th in the NFL running for an average of 102.5 yards per game. Tennessee has been using a trio of running backs with Dexter McCluster running for a team-high 176 yards on 35 carries compared to 39 carries for 159 yards for Bishop Sankey and 38 rushes for 138 yards for Andrews,Cheap Jerseys. Sankey didn't carry once in the 10-7 loss to Atlanta and didn't catch the one pass thrown to him,Cheap Jerseys From China Online.
"I just like running the ball," Andrews said. "I run with aggression. I got a lot on my mind, a lot on my chest so y'all see it when I run."
As a rookie, Andrews started on the practice squad before being signed to the roster Oct. 21, 2014. He played in four games primarily as a kickoff returner, and Andrews didn't get his first carry until the third game this season.

"And he was largely an unproven commodity coming into this season," Whisenhunt said. "So what we've seen in the last couple of weeks is really our first exposure to Antonio in this season,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, and it's definitely a positive."
Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt agrees that Andrews deserves more carries after how the second-year running back has played lately,mlb jerseys china. Whisenhunt noted that Andrews missed a couple weeks of training camp and then the first two games this season with an injury.
"What I've been doing is the same thing I've been doing all training camp before I had that hamstring tweak," Andrews said. "Now I'm just showing them that I'm accountable, I'm reliable,NBA Jerseys China, and I can do everything I do in practice in the games. I guess he's just now seeing that firsthand, and so hopefully, he's ready to rock with me."
Notes: QB Marcus Mariota practiced for a second straight day Thursday but was limited by the sprained MCL in his left knee. Whisenhunt said the rookie is improving and the Titans hope Mariota can do more Friday. ... Whisenhunt, who has been ill this week, was stung on the right ring finger by a bee during practice. ... CB Jason McCourty (hamstring) also was limited. CB Perrish Cox (hamstring), WR Harry Douglas (ribs) and C Andy Gallik (concussion) did not practice. S Michael Griffin (knee) and NT Sammie Hill (right knee) practiced fully.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Antonio Andrews believes he sold himself short a year ago with his goal of just trying to make the Tennessee roster. He adjusted his expectations this offseason, and now the running back is getting closer to becoming the Titans' starter in a crowded backfield.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 06:39 , Processed in 0.080992 second(s), 28 queries .