4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-8 19:14:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
By Dale Andrews The father of murdered Police Corporal Romain Cleto is convinced that his late son’s colleagues who were with him the night he was killed, hold the key to the real identity of the killer(s).Gunned down: Romain CletoDavid Kendall voiced the opinion hours after Shaka Chase, the man who police had charged with Cleto’s murder was set free by a magistrate following the withdrawal of the charge by the Director of Public Prosecutions.“Well, as far as I concern, the colleagues who was with him, his fellow policemen, they have something to say because they are alive. The driver is alive, the other guy who get hit, they have something to say,” Kendall told this newspaper.Investigators appear to have relied heavily on a ‘confession’ purportedly obtained from a woman who subsequently revealed that she had been tortured to sign a statement in which she identified Shaka Chase as one of the persons in the car that the killers were using at the time of the shooting.Romain Cleto was gunned down on April 27, last, in full view of dozens of persons who were assembled near the Plaisance Bus Park.The police had indicated that they had detained suspects and even went ahead and charged one of them without the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP). The move backfired causing great embarrassment to the force and frustration to the dead cop’s grieving relatives.Kaieteur News understands that the DPP found several discrepancies in the police investigations, especially when it comes to the identity of the killer. An alleged eyewitness had described the shooter as a fair-skinned mixed race individual as against a dark-skinned man with dreadlocks.There was also some concern over the swabbing of the suspects’ hands as reported by the police, who claimed that they found gunpowder residue.“With all the discrepancies, the police cannot readily say for sure if the man they brought to court was at the scene of the shooting,” a source informed this newspaper.Lillian Cleto“There are all sorts of reports. They finding, they beating, they picking up and they loosing,Wholesale Jerseys China, but I ain’t saying nothing,” the dead cop’s father said.There were some earlier reports that the ranks who were with Cleto on that fateful night last month had given conflicting reports on the matter.Kendall, who was present in court when Shaka Chase was set free, told Kaieteur News that he was at a loss when the former murder accused walked out of the courtroom.“What I observed going on there this morning at the court, I just break out… like I didn’t know which part of Georgetown I was walking but I walking, heading home,” he explained.Lillian Cleto, the late cop’s mother, shares the same view as her husband with regards to her late son’s colleagues.“Yes, the people who were with him, they supposed to say is which person or they supposed to see something…somebody, but nobody ain’t saying anything. We want justice,” she declared.The couple said that they have not been able to speak to any of Cleto’s colleagues to find out what happened during the last minutes of their son’s life.For Lillian Cleto, she wants the police to find the real killers, adding that she would not like to see an innocent man pay for the murder of her son.“I would like to know that they get the right person, the right killer,” she said.She could not say if she felt any hatred towards the suspect when she first set eyes on him on Tuesday.“I was just watching at him and thinking, well, I wondering if he’s the killer of my son. I remember watching at him and saying to myself, ‘I hope this is the right person’,” she said.“I would glad if I could get justice and find the right person… that is all I want,” she added tearfully.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 10:14 , Processed in 0.927311 second(s), 28 queries .