主題

帖子

2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-5-11 16:42:03 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
Gruden said Griffin still needs to get a better feel for the pocket to avoid the sacks, but Griffin said there's also some good that can happen when he holds onto the ball a little longer.
Griffin had a mixed performance in Sunday's 29-26 loss to the Minnesota Vikings. He used his tremendous athleticism to extend plays, revived his ability as a running threat in the zone-read and led a pair of second-half scoring drives in a tight game.
Instead of answering the question,Jerseys From China, Griffin sought to quash the notion that he should've waited until after the bye to return.
Griffin's physical and mental performance will be hyper-analyzed over the final seven weeks of the season. He needs to stay healthy, and he needs to show the first-year coach that he can handle all of the other rigors of playing quarterback in the NFL.
But he also took five sacks — more than Kirk Cousins or Colt McCoy took in any of their starts — and made two bad throws at inopportune times, one a momentum-turning interception and the other a short-armed toss that ended the Redskins' final legitimate scoring threat.
"I feel like I add an element to the game by being able to extend plays and make plays ... Sacks are a part of the game. You don't want to take many of them, and I always will work on that," Griffin said, "but I'm not going to limit myself out there on the field because I think that's a detriment to our offense if I take that part of my game out."
Asked about Gruden's "jury is still out" remark,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, Griffin said he understands it because he hasn't had much of a chance to play for the coach because of the ankle injury.
"For us to push that off to after the bye just because of outside opinion,Wholesale China Jerseys, I think is a disservice to this team,Jerseys NFL Cheap," Griffin said, "because we always want to have the best opportunity to win each week."
"When it comes to being the franchise guy,Wholesale China Jerseys, that is what it is. I believe that I am," Griffin said. "I believe that this organization knows that I am, and I know those guys in the locker room believe that I am. There's no doubt there, so I don't ever step onto the field trying to make a claim saying 'I'm the guy.' No, it's not like that. This is my team and I'm going to lead it."

On Monday, Gruden said the jury is out at quarterback because he's started three players at the position. Griffin only just returned on Sunday after missing six games with a dislocated left ankle, a layoff that disrupted his efforts to learn to be more of a pocket-passer.
The coach also said his quarterbacks need to be "thick-skinned" and not let outside criticism get to them. Griffin, on Tuesday, turned two football questions into answers that referenced outside criticism.
On Tuesday, however, before the players broke for a five-day bye-week vacation,NFL Jerseys From China, Griffin said he doesn't view the rest of the season as a chance to prove he's definitively the franchise quarterback.
Griffin has always displayed a sensitively to criticism of his play, something Gruden has mentioned more than once and cited again Monday. The outside pundits were clearly on Griffin's mind Tuesday when he was asked if it was good to get in a game before the bye week.
"I wasn't thinking about what anybody else was going to say," he said. "I just knew I was going to get molly-whopped if I tried to go for that first down."
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Jay Gruden said the "the jury is still out" on the Washington Redskins' quarterback position. Robert Griffin III doesn't think that way at all.
Later, asked about his decision to slide on a third-and-20 run in the fourth quarter instead of fighting for the extra yards, Griffin said he wasn't contemplating public reaction as he made his way upfield.
"Availability is the key," Griffin said, "so my job is to continue to go out there, get better each week, help this team win football games, and the rest will take care of itself."
Gruden said he feels good about Griffin's progress to date, but there are things the team will "have to find out" about the third-year QB before the end of the season — after which the Redskins will have to decide whether to pick up an option year on Griffin's contract.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 22:58 , Processed in 0.073984 second(s), 23 queries .