帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-15 07:14:05 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
"We were decimated by injuries this year," Fitzgerald said. "But we never made that an excuse. Now looking back ... if you see all the guys we lost, key components of our team. But coach never allowed us to feel bad about ourselves."
Trailing by one at halftime, the Panthers scored two touchdowns in a span of 1 minute, 32 seconds late in the third quarter to take control.
Carson Palmer. Darnell Dockett. Andre Ellington. Daryl Washington,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping.
It was a fitting end to Arizona's struggles. The Cardinals managed 12 yards in the second half and had eight first downs for the game.
When asked if the loss of so many players doomed Arizona's opportunity to make a deep run into the playoffs, Arians bristled.
"Young guys need to take away, no matter what you did the first couple months of the season, you've got to come to the stage week in and week out," said linebacker Larry Foote, who doesn't know if he'll be back next season.
"The taste of defeat is all I can think about right now," he said. "I love Arizona, I love the Cardinals, I love the city. It's been a great place to play and I couldn't be more appreciative of the opportunity to fulfill my dream of competing in the NFL."
Quarterback Palmer tore his ACL, then backup Drew Stanton suffered a knee sprain. Dockett blew out his knee in training camp, Washington was suspended by the NFL for the year.
The list goes on and on and only got worse as they closed in on the playoffs,Wholesale Jerseys USA. The Cardinals lost five of their final seven games.
"I've got to give it some thought. There's two sides: the team's got to want me back, and I've got to want to play."
"No missed opportunity whatsoever, these guys overcame," he said. "This was a great season."
"You are called upon to win football games and we didn't do that," Lindley said.
The future is also murky for Fitzgerald, who has a large salary cap number in 2015 that the Cardinals will likely need to trim to keep the receiver. He declined to discuss his future.
The fourth-year quarterback threw for 198 yards and two touchdowns, and Carolina's defense set an NFL record for fewest yards allowed in a postseason game. It was Carolina's first playoff win in nine years and Newton's first playoff victory since entering the league as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 draft.
"I don't know if I've ever been prouder of guys that go out and fight every week,Cheap NBA Jerseys China," Arians said.
On the ensuing kickoff,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Melvin White stripped returner Ted Ginn Jr., a former Panther, at the Arizona 3 and Kevin Reddick recovered for Carolina. A pass interference penalty on Tony Jefferson on third down gave Carolina a new set of downs, and Newton took advantage. He found wide-open fullback Mike Tolbert in the left flat for a 1-yard touchdown and a 27-14 lead.
Rookie running back Fozzy Whittaker caught a pass in the flat from Newton, reversed fields and got a key block from Kelvin Benjamin to spring him for a 39-yard touchdown.
It ended against a Carolina team that used a stifling defense to help Cam Newton claim his first playoff victory,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys.
The New York Giants held the previous NFL record for fewest yards in a postseason game, holding Cleveland to 86 yards on Dec. 21, 1958. It appeared the Panthers wouldn't get the record, but Arizona began lateraling the ball around the field on the final play and lost 19 yards.
If there was disappointment over Arizona's unraveling, coach Bruce Arians tried to deflect attention to how much the Cardinals overcame.
The Cardinals (11-6) had one last chance to get in the game when Newton was hit from behind and Rashad Johnson recovered the ball and returned it to the Carolina 8. But All-Pro Luke Kuechly ruined any chance of an Arizona comeback when he stepped in front Larry Fitzgerald and intercepted Lindley's pass at the 5,Wholesale NFL Jerseys.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Larry Fitzgerald rattled off a list of Arizona teammates who didn't play in Saturday's season-ending loss to the Carolina Panthers.
The Panthers were rough on third-string quarterback Lindley, who was intercepted twice and sacked four times.

Injuries and other issues decimated the Cardinals, who at 9-1 in November had the best record in the NFL but closed a once-promising season with a 27-16 loss at Carolina on Saturday.
Arizona was eliminated from the playoffs with a thud: third-string quarterback Ryan Lindley managed to lead the Cardinals to just 78 yards — an NFL record for fewest yards in a postseason game.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 20:58 , Processed in 0.067762 second(s), 26 queries .