9萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-15 16:30:45 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
The roadways of Guyana have become killing fields within the past week with road fatalities continuing to climb even as the year 2014 draws to a close.The latest victim is 12 year old President’s College Cujoe McPherson (Jnr.) of Fifth Street, Paradise (Dazell) Housing Scheme, East Coast Demerara.Dead: Cujoe Mcpherson jnrMcPherson was killed just after midday by a speeding driver on the Paradise Railway Embankment while he was making his way back home on his bicycle after running an errand for his father.His death is the ninth for the Christmas holidays and underscores the recklessness that prevails on the country’s roads despite talk by the police of zero tolerance for speeding and drunk driving.Kaieteur News understands that the young man rode out from a cross street into the path of a speeding Toyota 212 Carina.He was hurled several feet away from the point of impact, shattering the left side of the car’s windscreen while his bicycle landed in a nearby trench.Several persons heard the impact and rushed to the scene but from all appearances, the young man died instantly, so severe were his injuries.Nevertheless, his body was picked up and taken to the Georgetown Hospital where he was officially pronounced dead.The young McPherson lived with his father and stepmother.His father, who carries the same name, was at home when he received the tragic news.He told members of the media that he had sent his son to pick up some items in the village and a few minutes later he heard that he was struck down.According to the senior McPherson, a young man rode up to his house and told him that he wanted a word with him. McPherson immediately suspected that something terrible had happened to his son.The car that struck down the young President’s College student.“I look at he and say, ‘Is wha happen to me son? Me son dead right?’ and he look at me again and he say he don’t really know,” McPherson recalled.He jumped onto the motorcycle and was taken to the scene, all the while wishing that he was dreaming.“But when I get there and ah se me son lie down in de grass corner,Jerseys NFL Cheap, I know dat me son died and I turn around and look at the driver,wholesale soccer jerseys,” he stated.He said when he saw the car with the hole in the windscreen he realized that his son had sustained massive injuries.For McPherson,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, the death of his son is a painful blow since he has been saddled with his upbringing ever since the child’s mother moved out of their home.McPherson, like many other persons who have lost their loved ones as a result of road accidents, is extremely worried that his son’s killer might get off lightly because of the legal system in Guyana.“The offence,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, I know, is bailable, but it is unjust for people who work hard and bring up their child in the rightful manner, only for them to be killed like this. My son was going to President’s College and he was a shining armour in my life. The penalty is not right and for me the government should do something about it,” McPherson stated.He said when he looked at the driver who was driving the car that killed his son, a thousand things flashed through his mind but the police quickly took the driver away to the Cove and John Police Station.“I am not looking for a war, I am looking for justice. I lost my son and nothing can’t bring him back…but this put a hole in my heart for the rest of my life,” McPherson said.The young Mc Pherson’s death comes at a time when the Guyana Police Force is desperately trying to keep up with the road fatality statistics.Beginning last Sunday, road accidents have claimed the lives of nine persons.On December 21 Parmanand Deokaran lost his life when a car crashed into him and his friends on the Providence,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online, East Bank Demerara Public Road. The driver remains on the run.Two days later, Yonette Branch, 16, was killed when the vehicle she was in crashed into a parked truck at Number 26 Village, West Coast Berbice.That same day at Number Six Village, Pash Jienarine of Bath Housing Scheme and Rakesh Sukdeo of Bush Lot, died when their car crashed into a utility pole.Chaitnarine Mangru, a friend of Sukdeo and Jienarine, rushed to help but came into contact with a live GPL wire and was electrocuted.The carnage continued on Christmas Eve Day when Khemwattie Mohabir, 27, of Lot 70 Vriesland was struck by a speeding driver on the Vriesland WBD Public Road.Christmas Day passed without incident but the deaths resumed on Boxing Day when Richard Anthony Giddings of Lot 1128 Block X Diamond Housing Scheme, East Bank Demerara, was killed after he crashed into a bridge at Belle Vue, West Coast Demerara.A day later Cindy Singh, 24, of Diamond Housing Scheme, East Bank Demerara succumbed after the car she was in crashed into a utility pole at Tempe,China Jerseys Authentic, West Coast Berbice.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 15:37 , Processed in 0.066633 second(s), 26 queries .