帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-18 14:02:21 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
ASHBURN,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Va. (AP) — Mike Shanahan was fired. Jim Haslett stayed on.

"We get along very well and I have a lot of respect for what he's done, not only working with him," Gruden said. "I think the big thing with him was just trying to get him a few more horses,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, trying to get him some better personnel. I've said a lot that it's sometimes not so much about the plays but about the players, and we're trying to do a better job of getting better players in here to help fit his scheme and what he wants to do."
Notes: S Brandon Meriweather was limited in Thursday's practice with a minor toe injury. "He should be OK," Gruden said. ... Several players who had been limited at various times late in camp are back to full-go, including WR DeSean Jackson (ankle), WR Pierre Garcon (hamstring), S Phillip Thomas (hamstring), S Ryan Clark (hamstring) and TE Jordan Reed (illness). ... The Redskins signed TE Matt Veldman and waived DE Doug Worthington.
"I just want to make sure that the guys that I hired are allowed to do their job," Gruden said, "and that's coaching."
"We're going to try to let them use their abilities a little bit more than I thought that I did in the past. ... I want to make sure those guys are used properly," he said.
Gruden, a rookie NFL head coach,Jerseys NFL Cheap, has made it clear that he will give his assistants plenty of breathing space. He plans to focus primarily on the offense and give Haslett and special teams coordinator Ben Kotwica the kind of leeway unimaginable under Shanahan.
"It was a different regime," defensive tackle Barry Cofield said Thursday. "He's going to have a different level of responsibility. He's going to have more flexibility to call his defense, and I'm willing to bet that he sold that plan to the bosses. And they agreed and they liked what they heard."
More than anything, however, was the feeling that Haslett was never really in full charge of the defense. He was working under Shanahan's infamous micromanagement style, subject to the head coach's whims on which players to play and which calls to make during a game.
"There was blame put on the head man, there was injuries, we didn't have this, we didn't have that," Cofield said. "I think (this year) we have all the pieces, so we've got to point the thumb (at ourselves) this year not do any finger-pointing."
None of the holdovers is more intriguing than Haslett, the defensive coordinator of a defense that often had issues. In his four seasons,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, the Redskins have ranked 22nd, 25th, 26th and 31st in offensive points allowed.
So, when asked to make the case for Haslett staying on, his players usually hit the same theme.
But there were mitigating circumstances. The Redskins were trying to rebuild from the messy Jim Zorn era those first two years, and Haslett in particular had the challenge of installing a 3-4 scheme with players left over from the previous coaches' 4-3.
The Redskins beefed up the pass rush by signing Jason Hatcher and drafting Trent Murphy. Veteran safety Ryan Clark was added to bring smarts and leadership to the secondary. Gruden's training camp was much more physical than Shanahan's, which Haslett believes will help improve the poor tackling from last year.
With those additions, and with more say in how the defense runs, the success or failure of this year's defense will squarely rest on Haslett.
The closest hint Haslett gives to his new autonomy comes when he is asked how he will handle his players this year.
Haslett is measured his comments when talking about the transition from Shanahan to Gruden.
"The bottom line is we won three games last year, we won 10 the year before, and the defense helped them win 10 games with a bunch of turnovers and all that,Cheap Jerseys," Haslett said. "Last year we won three, and I don't think the offense,China Jersyes Cheap, defense or special teams played very well."
More reasons to keep Haslett: experience and comfort. He's been through the NFL head coach routine with the New Orleans Saints and St. Louis Rams, making him an invaluable resource for Gruden. Also, the pair have a working history in which the tables were turned: Head coach Haslett hired Gruden to be the offensive coordinator for the 2009 Florida Tuskers of the now-defunct UFL.
When the Washington Redskins ousted Shanahan after last year's 3-13 season, they didn't exactly clean house. Several assistants from the old regime were retained under new coach Jay Gruden, with the organization adopting the mindset that the problem started at the top — and pretty much ended there.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:37 , Processed in 0.059869 second(s), 26 queries .