2萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-18 20:02:31 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
NOTES: Rookie Jarvis Landry is listed as the starter at both kick-returner and punt-returner, with Dolphins coach Joe Philbin saying the former LSU star has demonstrated "some elusiveness." Landry returned a total of eight kicks in his three college seasons. . C Mike Pouncey (hip) reiterated that he's upbeat to not start the season on the physically unable to perform list, but says there's no target date for his return, either. "You don't even understand how much you miss it until it's taken away from you," Pouncey said.
"We follow him every day," Marist coach Jim Parady said. "We read every article. We've all become Dolphins fans up here, because of the way he's progressed down there."
For now anyway,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Fede has defied the odds. He's a member of the Dolphins, the first player from the little school in Poughkeepsie, New York to make an NFL regular-season roster.
"When we evaluate players, we evaluate traits," Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey said. "The traits that we saw out of Terrence, whether it be from initial quickness to power to motor to production,Wholesale Jerseys 2020, what we saw was a guy that we felt had the traits to translate to the next level."
"I visited here and I really wanted to come here," Fede said. "Dennis Hickey,Wholesale Jerseys, he didn't look at where a player comes from, but what that player can bring to the table. That's pretty cool."
Fede knows everyone at Marist is watching. He's embracing the challenge of actually sticking around now. Nothing is guaranteed, and he understands that for as hard as he fought to make the team, he's going to have to fight at least that hard to stay put.
Fede's playing days at Marist are obviously done, but his impact remains. He's already a recruiting tool, the ultimate example for Parady to point to and say to prospects that they can, in fact, get to the pros from a little school like Marist.
Fede was slowed by a knee injury late in training camp, but made the team nonetheless. He's improving, though his status isn't clear for Sunday's season-opener at home against the New England Patriots. Fede is listed as the second-stringer at right defensive end behind Olivier Vernon on the initial depth chart.
"Kids, they look at us differently now, because they know one of ours is in the NFL," Parady said.
Think of pro athletes who hail from Marist,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, think of former NBA star Rik Smits, because the 7-foot-4 center is about the beginning, middle and end of the list of well-known Red Foxes who got paid to play anything.
Not long afterward, his phone rang.
Marist to Miami, that's not a likely path. Going from a seventh-round pick to the 53-man roster, that's also improbable. Going from the Pioneer League to the NFL,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, let's just say it's not exactly a commonplace occurrence.
On a team that kept 12 rookies, though, Fede might have been the longest of long shots.
"It's a moment in history for my college," said Fede, a 6-foot-4, 282-pound defensive end. "Whatever I do, I'm representing Marist. Marist is always going to be on my back. It's something I dreamed of,Cheap World Cup Jerseys 2018, it happened and now I want to get back on the field."
Fede played last season against Georgetown, Davidson and Mercer. In basketball, that's solid college competition. In football, only the most ardent of fans knows anything about those teams — or that those teams even exist, frankly.
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Terrence Fede was watching the NFL Draft this past spring and noticed that the Miami Dolphins were selecting plenty of players from small schools.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 23:43 , Processed in 0.069570 second(s), 26 queries .