4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-20 02:24:15 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
– campus officials to raise issue next weekA local court has prohibited government from establishing a car park on the UG access road, in front of the Beharrys residence.The hire car drivers have been forced to move further southA local court has barred government from building a car park on the University of Guyana access road.The car park, which was in proximity to the Beharrys residence,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, has now been shifted further south, in front of the Gafoors apartment complex, but security personnel there have reportedly cautioned the drivers that the same would apply – no parking. However, this has not yet been enforced.Yesterday, President of University of Guyana Students’ Society (UGSS), Sherod Duncan, said that the matter is now engaging the attention of the body and an urgent meeting has been convened for next week with the Students Advisory Bureau to examine, among other things, a possible new location for the park.The court order stemmed from announcements by Minister of Public Works, Robeson Benn, in July 2009, in which he signaled intentions to establish a car park on the north-eastern parapet of UG Road.In September last year, the family, through its company Edward B. Beharry and Company Limited, filed for temporary orders, and was granted same on October 29, 2009.The plaintiffs argued that the decision of Minister Benn to build a car park was without lawful authority and was made in bad faith,nfl jerseys china, was unreasonable, illegal and is null and void.On July 15 last, Chief Justice (ag),NFL Jerseys Wholesale, Ian Chang, made the order absolute, prohibiting the Ministry of Public Works and its Minister Robeson Benn from moving forward with the decision to build the car park.There have been arguments by the Public Works Ministry that the intention to establish the car park was due to the fact that a bus stop was already in the area and for the safety of students and others, the park location was contemplated.Nine hire cars currently operate from UG Road, with drivers complaining yesterday that their business have been halved since being moved about a week ago.According to Subramanie Lackhraj, he has been dropping students and others to UG from the East Coast Demerara Public Road for almost 10 years. He claimed that private cars and taxis along with minibuses are now taking away business.Two signs of the car park unveiled by the Ministry of Public Works have since been covered with new ones,”No Parking Between Signs”.A senior Public Works official has since said that the matter is engaging legal attention as well as the Ministry of Home Affairs.******************************Law student faces three chargesA twenty-two year old law student found herself on the wrong side of the bench yesterday as she answered three charges in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court.Appearing before Magistrate Priya Beharry, Keisha Chase is charged with one count of disorderly behaviour, one count of assaulting a peace officer and another of obstructing a constable from doing her duty – to all of which she pleaded not guilty.According to Police Prosecutor Stephen Telford, an altercation ensued between Chase and one Constable Benjamin on the night of December 20,Wholesale Jerseys Online, 2009 at the Guyana Motor Racing and Sports Club.Chase and her brother apparently engaged in a verbal as well as physical skirmish with the constable, which she claimed had been caused when the constable stepped on her foot.Chase who is about to enter her final year at the Hugh Wooding Law School was unable to attend an earlier hearing to answer the charges but her brother, after having the charges against him in the same matter dismissed, informed the courts that his sister would have been present in the country in August to face the courts.Chase’s next appearance in court is set for September 7.******************************Taxi Service owner claims police reluctant to charge ‘shady’ driverFizal Ali Manager of Wings Taxi Service Fizal Ali is alleging that after making a report of a stolen vehicle from his service, the police are reluctant to charge the man who he believes is the perpetrator, and whom he claims, is known to have “contacts” with a government official.According to Ali, charges were to be instituted against the driver by the police, however,Cheap Jerseys From China, he opined that it is being withheld because of the aforementioned relationship.Ali disclosed that on June 16 last, one of his drivers (name given) took motorcar PMM 3864, to a wash bay to use the parking services for a fee since the base for the taxi was filled with vehicles.He said he paid the driver for dropping the car to the facility. The key, he noted, is normally handed over and logged into a book which is signed by the driver. All this was done. However, Ali said the driver subsequently uplifted the car without permission and drove it away.“About 10:15 the same night he called me, and told me to come down to Norton Street. After I told him I am not coming, he told me the car gone.” Ali recounted.“He lives in Norton Street and I went there. He (driver) then take me to Creen Street to a lonely spot where he claimed he parked the car. He tell me the car gone.”Ali opined that the explanation the driver gave was idiotic. “He claimed that he was hungry and used the car to go home,Wholesale Jerseys China, and he parked the car a corner away and walked home to have a meal…. and when he come back the car gone!”Ali said statements were taken from the driver, the wash bay attendant, his son Mohammed Ali, whom the car is registered to, and himself.However,China NFL Jerseys, upon checking with the station to see if any charges were being instituted, “I was told on the 22nd of July that the matter was with the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP)… I have been calling on a regular basis to the police station.I called the DPP’s office and was told that there was no file there for such a case.”After contacting the station yesterday, Ali said a Sergeant told him that “… he gon look at the file today (yesterday) and he will send it sometime this week.”
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 02:30 , Processed in 0.069694 second(s), 26 queries .