4萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
跳轉到指定樓層
樓主
發表於 2018-5-20 20:35:50 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
分享到: 更多
If you ask anyone who has been in Guyana for all of the past year, that person will tell youHome Affairs Minister Clement Rohee seems to be taking in the advice of his predecessor Ronald Gajraj, following his end of year presentation at the police officers’ training centre yesterday.that it was a year that saw police excesses,NFL Jerseys Supply, a high murder rate, gun related crimes and record number of road fatalities which threatened public trust in policing.But Home Affairs Minister Clement Rohee has described the recently concluded year as uneventful and relatively successful for law enforcement agencies.The past year saw a 10 percent increase in robbery under arms and a road fatality figure that outnumbers last year’s by a staggering 34 deaths.But again the Home Affairs Minister maintained that peace and good order prevailed. The safety and security of the general population has improved significantly, he added.In what sounded like a typical budget debate presentation,Cheap Jerseys, Rohee spent close to two hours painting a glowing picture of the Guyana Police Force and the work of his Ministry.He spoke of improved training for the Police and the much touted reform process that is currently underway within the organization.He acknowledged that there will be critics and cynics, not to mention the prophets of doom and gloom, who he said have established themselves through their writings in the print media.“When I hear the usual suspects criticizing the law enforcement agencies, I invite them to support the reforms currently underway at the Guyana Police Force. Sometimes I get the impression that the critics do not want reform. In this regard, their actions speak louder than their words,China NFL Jerseys,” Rohee told a packed auditorium at the Police Officers’ Training Centre, while presenting an overview of his Ministry’s performance for 2014.According to the Minister, criticisms of his Ministry, and the law enforcement agencies that fall under it, are political in nature, notwithstanding the pretences at “wanting an improved security situation in our country”.He referred to a recent police press release which chided opposition political parties for using the Force as a political tool.Rohee also lashed out at sections of the media which, he said, are sacrificing objectivity for sensationalism“The Kaieteur News while pretending to be a friend of the police force pays enormous sums for leaks, while the Stabroek News is always on the lookout for potential stellar performance awardees but never finding any in the security sector,” he said.Other media houses compete and jostle with each other to paint the gloomiest and crime-riddled picture of the situation in Guyana, he added.He said that while the crime situation in Guyana must not be hidden, the sensationalizing of these issues on the front pages of the local newspapers all year round hurts the law enforcement agencies.Rohee said that the media houses mentioned consider it their duty to do more since it rakes in more profits in terms of newspaper sales.“The end result of this analysis,China Jerseys, therefore, is that we have in our country deeply prejudiced and profit driven media houses, who for their own selfish interest view the security sector as a golden goose whose dropping must be exploited fully,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping,” the Minister said.Mention was made of the unprecedented complex task of police reform, which according to Rohee was never undertaken in the 175-year history of the Guyana Police Force.He said that this process, which addresses operational deficiency and organizational cultural reforms, is not only a step in the right direction,Cheap NFL Jerseys, but is an indication of a commitment on the part of his Ministry, which is dedicated to bringing the Guyana Police Force in line with modern global policing.“Ultimately, it is for the Commissioner, the Crime Chief and the subordinate ranks to determine how best to achieve this…not the Minister or Public Servants. I consider it my duty to challenge the police to improve and insist that they continually challenge themselves,cheap jerseys,” the Minister stated.Rohee spoke of the non-cooperation of the political opposition in implementing certain changes in the security sector.He referred to the Opposition’s nonsupport for the changing of the name of the Guyana Police Force to the Guyana Police Service.Of course the Opposition’s stance stemmed from their No Confidence Motion that was passed against the Minister of Home Affairs.But despite this, Rohee and his Ministry are not sitting back and admiring their achievements.He said that they certainly understand the nature of the security sector and are constantly analyzing trends and developing initiatives to treat with emerging challenges.“Notwithstanding, I wish to place on record my deep appreciation to the hard working staff of my Ministry who have supported me in the implementation of policy decisions relating to the Sector.“I wish to thank also our local and international partners who provided us with much needed support. In 2015 the Ministry as well as its constituents Departments will continue working with its partners to ensure that the service we provide to the general public is efficient and effective, ultimately improving on the results of 2014 and the preceding years,” the Minister said.He appealed to citizens to come on board and work with the Ministry in a genuine effort to preserve the safety and security of Guyana.
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

重要聲明:本討論區是以即時上載留言的方式運作,A-Plus補習討論區對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,讀者及用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,讀者及用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者及用戶發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。A-Plus補習討論區有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言(刪除前或不會作事先警告及通知),同時亦有不刪除留言的權利,如有任何爭議,管理員擁有最終的詮釋權。用戶切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。

手機版|小黑屋|A-Plus互動討論區    

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 04:01 , Processed in 0.069863 second(s), 26 queries .